Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Playfield angle

antali2

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi,

Is there a recommended angle for the playfields or is it specific to the particular machine?

I have a system 1 Gottlieb Solar ride and the ball regularly gets stuck.

Not sure, sounds reasonable and I'm curious about this, so I've asked elsewhere as well. ;)

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=351323#post351323

Thank Steve0z & Pescefritte,

Thats a great help.

azpinball536 on the other forum was correct about the gate causing the problem.

I'll dig out my inclination meter and set it to 6.5 degrees.

Its really great to get the answers so quickly. Thanks again for your help

This is no help to the question, but I found that if the angle on my theatre of magic was too steep, the trap door would miss fire or put another way, I could hear the ball hit the roof of the door as the trap door would not open first time, then it opens and the ballpops out. This would happen every time. I did a cabinet decal job and put back the legs prior to the problem occuring. So after a couple of weeks of thinking what th eproblem could be I decided to check the level and lessened the slope. No more problem. So hopefully this helps someone with a similar problem and reckons they tried everything but maybe not this.

So where do you buy these Plalyfield measuring tools in Aus. A lot of playfields must be set wrong out there, I have never measured the slant in mine .The side to side (spirit level) yes. Is it called an inlcometre ? Would like to get mine at the right level

think what you're after is an Inclinometer

[edit] You could always do it using geometry...measure the hight of the front of the playfield, measure the hight of the back, measure the length, get out your old high school maths books......

old thread but ive been looing for an inclometer...anyone know where i can buy one?

went to Bunnings and were $44 - too rich for me

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/INCLINOMETER-DUAL-SCALE-WHITE-WITH-BLACK-NUMBERS_W0QQitemZ180219900862QQihZ008QQcategoryZ102818QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD7VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m123

dont know if that would work

I know you can buy at macro or pinrestore but dont want to pay all that postage