Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Blanking signal System 6 Williams MPU

DKong

Question

Ok have been pulling the hair out a bit the last week with this board ( Firepower). Using Clay's site and numerous others I have the Williams System 6 MPU board booting (LED's flash once then go out). These sites are now pointing me to the dual timer chip 556 IC 23. Has anyone else found this to be the problem?

When I jump 5 volts to pin 37 on the inerconector board (MPU to Driver) I get displays but my solenoid fuse blows? Trying to find a dual timer chip in town this week but noone seems to have one in stock?

Where do you get the capacitors on Pinball boards (.47umf 50 volts I think)the long thin ones that look like Zenner diodes, gold on each end and clearish in the middle?

6 answers to this question

Ok have been pulling the hair out a bit the last week with this board ( Firepower). Using Clay's site and numerous others I have the Williams System 6 MPU board booting (LED's flash once then go out). These sites are now pointing me to the dual timer chip 556 IC 23. Has anyone else found this to be the problem?

When I jump 5 volts to pin 37 on the inerconector board (MPU to Driver) I get displays but my solenoid fuse blows? Trying to find a dual timer chip in town this week but noone seems to have one in stock?

Where do you get the capacitors on Pinball boards (.47umf 50 volts I think)the long thin ones that look like Zenner diodes, gold on each end and clearish in the middle?

There's a few different caps used on that board ( .047 uf sounds like it may be the one you mean)

Dual timers are a very common chip that just about every electronics shop would sell, even shitty jaycar and dick smith would sell them. They would also sell the caps.

I'm selling a really nice system 6 board on ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170015538967&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

There's a few different caps used on that board ( .047 uf sounds like it may be the one you mean)

Dual timers are a very common chip that just about every electronics shop would sell, even shitty jaycar and dick smith would sell them. They would also sell the caps.

I'm selling a really nice system 6 board on ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170015538967&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Oops .047 uf is the one I meant.. I could only find ceramic caps in that value. Can they be used ? Found some dual timers today so will install that and see how I go otherwise that MPU board of yours on E-bay is looking better all the time.

Thanks for the help

Oops .047 uf is the one I meant.. I could only find ceramic caps in that value. Can they be used ? Found some dual timers today so will install that and see how I go otherwise that MPU board of yours on E-bay is looking better all the time.

Thanks for the help

Its quite ok to use a ceramic cap.

Let us know how you go.

Replaced the 556 dual timer , C32 cap and Q5 transistor still a low blanking signal. Could this be Driver board related?

It's possible it could be driver board related but it still may be a problem with the cpu board.

I can't really say anything for sure without the boards sitting in front of me.

Just make sure all 40 pins on the interconnector are making proper contact.