Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

T2 super jackpot trigger and canon launch delay

jono

Question

Hi all, I have a weird issue on my T2 pinball. During normal play, e.g. multiball start & standard jackpot, the gun trigger and canon works perfectly. The ball launches from the canon as soon as the gun trigger is pulled.

But when the ball is reloaded into the canon for the super jackpot shot there is a very noticeable delay (1 ish second) in launching the ball from the canon when the trigger is pulled.

All switches are working and it seems weird that the canon and trigger work perfectly during a majority of game play and this problem only appears at this point in the game. An ideas what might be going on or how to fix it.

Cheers

7 answers to this question

On 5/22/2021 at 6:38 AM, jono said:

Hi all, I have a weird issue on my T2 pinball. During normal play, e.g. multiball start & standard jackpot, the gun trigger and canon works perfectly. The ball launches from the canon as soon as the gun trigger is pulled.

But when the ball is reloaded into the canon for the super jackpot shot there is a very noticeable delay (1 ish second) in launching the ball from the canon when the trigger is pulled.

All switches are working and it seems weird that the canon and trigger work perfectly during a majority of game play and this problem only appears at this point in the game. An ideas what might be going on or how to fix it.

Cheers

Hey Jono - did you ever resolve this?

• Like 1

Not yet mate. Been super busy with life and pins not getting much love recently. Thanks for the bump.

It's a weird issue. I need to pull the gun apart but it's a simple switch and can't understand why it works perfectly in normal play but doesn't work right at only one point in the game. I also need to check what rom I have. Maybe its a software issue??? But if that was the case I should be able to find a thread on the issue somewhere.

Any ideas from the AA brains trust?

Edited by jono
  • Like 1

Has it always been like this?

What roms are you running? That would be my pick as it doesn't sound like a mechanical / electrical physical fault. IMO the only other culprit maybe a dodgy diode in the gun circuit.

I had a T2 about 10 years ago and your problem rings a bell but I just boiled it down to a gameplay feature.

2 hours ago, Railways said:

What roms are you running? That would be my pick as it doesn't sound like a mechanical / electrical physical fault. IMO the only other culprit maybe a dodgy diode in the gun circuit.

I had a T2 about 10 years ago and your problem rings a bell but I just boiled it down to a gameplay feature.

Yep, had this before on a machine. We had over 5 T2s and one developed this exact problem. I "think" it was one of the switches that detects the travel limit of the gun mechanism sticking or the switch that detects a ball in the mech itself. ( Been a long time since T2 was current and in my case, 1000s of pinballs ago)

Was not rom related in our case as all our machines all used the same software however later software may have been altered later to prevent it from happening.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Railways said:

Rom is L6 so not an early one. Rom is probably unlikely as there would probably be threads somewhere on the issues if it was. 

7 hours ago, Autosteve said:

Yep, had this before on a machine. We had over 5 T2s and one developed this exact problem. I "think" it was one of the switches that detects the travel limit of the gun mechanism sticking or the switch that detects a ball in the mech itself. ( Been a long time since T2 was current and in my case, 1000s of pinballs ago)

Was not rom related in our case as all our machines all used the same software however later software may have been altered later to prevent it from happening.

Thanks, I'll check that stuff and report back.