Collapse

Request help on Pinball repairs..

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Drama - Is it possible and why?

So my question is?
    I have a machine (Williams-Starlight 1984) that displays high scores from highest to lowest on Player displays 1 thru 4.
    Each score is different not that that should matter.
    My Drama is that player 3 will drop the 3rd display from the right? The hundreds?
    However if I play a 4 player game player 3 numbers all work? During and after the game.
    To the best of my knowledge the high score has never been set with a faulty display ruling out being recorded without a number here?
    As scores are beaten they drop down the scale thus if player 3 high score becomes player 4 high score when bettered... If this is so it will help find the problem but not solve it?
    I however doubt this to be the case.

Is this even possible? It's happening so yes is my guess. But why?
    Any help appreciated...

actual displays are a red herring . its displaying the 'nothing' thats in the ram at that spot.

actually never noticed the multiple high scores thing on sys7 before? are you sure thats what they are? its not just the last player 3 score?

Comment

Originally posted by wiredoug View Post
      actual displays are a red herring . its displaying the 'nothing' thats in the ram at that spot.

actually never noticed the multiple high scores thing on sys7 before? are you sure thats what they are? its not just the last player 3 score?
      I will get John at JWG Enterprises to have a look when he returns my trusty Trident soundboard....
      Hopefully that is the finding
      Thanx in advance....I think?

Comment

Definitely High Scores....
        I don't play that well every game...
        I believe this machine uses almost all the board thus it was the last of the System 7's

Comment

cool feature. play a 3 player game with the glass off and beat the score will show if it rewrites it

Comment

cool feature. play a 3 player game with the glass off and beat the score will show if it rewrites it
            That was a thought I had.....Taking the glass off to get a high score... Do not discuss this or tell anyone....
            It will ultimately get used against you down the track...

I could also re-set it and break all 4 high scores but the GC score is not going to be matched for a while...

Comment

Not unusal for williams to mess up the high scores being displayed. Reset the high score table settings back to factory defaults and I bet the digit on that display comes good. Alternative is redo just that score level. I think you will find the problem is memory based, not display or wiring.

Comment

It will only need to be a 1 player game as it will recognize when the score is passed.
                It may however move on to the player 4 spot...
                Time will tell...
                Had a night out last night so it didn't happen

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X