Request help on Pinball repairs..

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rescue 911 start button not working

G'day all,
    I've just ventured into buying my 1st pin. Rescue 911.
    When I got it home, set it up, it was playing fine except for the DMD (works but not so good, that's another issue)
    I was doing some troubleshooting on the DMD this morning (Checking the 5 volts at the power supply & CPU, un plugged & re plugged the ribbon cables) & now I can't start a game.
    The start button no longer lights up & when you press it - nothing
    Machine seems to start up as normal, just nothing at all when you press start.
    I have been through the diagnostics & the lamp tests fine & I can use the start button to navigate the diagnostics menus. Am I missing something simple here?
    I have tried switching it to & from tournament mode, nothing. All 4 balls are where they should be.
    I don't have any sort of manual for it (if anyone can point me in the direction of where to find one, that would be great)
    Any ideas or thoughts?
    Many thanks,
    Rob

I'm really not able to help... but the first thought I has was, do you have any credits or have it set on Free Play?

Comment

Originally posted by diffo View Post
      G'day all,
      I've just ventured into buying my 1st pin. Rescue 911.
      When I got it home, set it up, it was playing fine except for the DMD (works but not so good, that's another issue)
      I was doing some troubleshooting on the DMD this morning (Checking the 5 volts at the power supply & CPU, un plugged & re plugged the ribbon cables) & now I can't start a game.
      The start button no longer lights up & when you press it - nothing
      Machine seems to start up as normal, just nothing at all when you press start.
      I have been through the diagnostics & the lamp tests fine & I can use the start button to navigate the diagnostics menus. Am I missing something simple here?
      I have tried switching it to & from tournament mode, nothing. All 4 balls are where they should be.
      I don't have any sort of manual for it (if anyone can point me in the direction of where to find one, that would be great)
      Any ideas or thoughts?
      Many thanks,
      Rob
      In tournament mode is free play set to yes?

Comment

It is set to free play on the switch inside the cabinet.
        I'm having trouble reading the DMD at the moment, I'm guessing there is a tournament mode free play in the settings?
        The DMD comes & goes, it's mostly gone atm.
        Thanks for the replies & ill keep you updated!

Comment

Yes when you switch it to Tournament mode there are setting on the screen one of which is free play.
          Kind of sound like you ran out of credits to me.

Comment

OK, seems like I'm a bit of a muppet here!
            Switched it from tournament to pay to play, hit the coin micro, racked up some credits & it works!!
            Thanks heaps for the help.
            Now back to my original problem with a dodgy DMD!!
            Thanks again!!!!

Comment

Once you get a new DMD you'll see that option for free play in Tornament mode.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X