Wpc-95 errors on start up.

Collapse

Request help on Pinball repairs..

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would start looking at the 12v circuit on the power driver board. When it starts to fail you get all kinds of weird switch issues. Got another power driver board to swap?

http://www.afpinball.com
    "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

Comment

I’m getting 11.93 reg and 12.65 unreg

Comment

Originally posted by Boof Head View Post
        I’m getting 11.93 reg and 12.65 unreg
        Little low but not too far out of range. Were these measurements taken while it was having the issues or was it back to normal again at that point?

http://www.afpinball.com
        "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

Comment

Back to normal. Takes a reasonable time to get the error to pop back up. Next time I’ll check on start up.

Comment

If you haven't already tried replacing/swapping out the opto board might be worth a try. If one of the 339's is dragging down it's output, lagging or false triggering, the timing could be very random and might be on row1 and 6 if multiple chips have failed.
            Have had corrosion from a leaking capacitor cause similar issues before, maybe that's why the capacitor was missing?

Comment

Just did this for a BSD.
              The opto board had terrible soldering and redid it all
              The long opto board had a leaking cap and green/grey bad solder on some components.
              Fixed all the weird switch issues.

Also had a spare untested used opto board with bad cap and solder. Redid it and tested in the BSD, this opto board threw up the switch Row 1 ground short error.

So I’d be looking at opto board closely as well as the cpu.

If the new error you got, going right to test persists, pull the cabinet switch connector from the cpu to see if it is a test button problem or not
              The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

So I pulled the opto board out and noticed a big of the green furry stuff under one leg of a chip. Decided to replace all three chips to be safe. Glad I did. Two of the three had it.

Cleaned it all up and some new chips on a nice clean board. No errors this morning. Fingers crossed that it what it was. 🤞
                Attached Files

Comment

What a mess, What caused the corrosion?

Comment

So I pulled the opto board out and noticed a big of the green furry stuff under one leg of a chip. Decided to replace all three chips to be safe. Glad I did. Two of the three had it.

Cleaned it all up and some new chips on a nice clean board. No errors this morning. Fingers crossed that it what it was. 🤞
                    Yep.
                    Always pull all under playfield boards and inspect.
                    The amount of problems I fix just by resoldering or cleaning.

Any bad looking solder on those caps, diodes, resistors, add new solder, suck it completely out, clean and resolder.

The green stuff definitely from the cap leaking.

Hope she’s fixed.

Comment

Been a few days without any errors. Looks like it’s finally sorted.

Comment

It's been a great trip learning wise for me and fingers crossed Ash it's done.
                        http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Been a few days without any errors. Looks like it’s finally sorted.
                          Good to hear

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X