Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Swapping Data East Mpu Boards

yngbld

Question

Hey Guys Needing some help here, trying to swap across MPU's from A TMNT into a LW3 both are original 520 5003 03 so a straight swap with game roms and that should be it ?, however DMD cuts out upon start up, so unable to get in test menu anything special i need to know? I resat game rom still same issue anything that can help would be appreciated needing to get this guy working!

5 answers to this question

• Administrators

TMNT has 2 roms, a 27128 at B5 and a 27256 at C5, later games like LW3 use a single 27C512. You'll need to move the jumper from J4 to J5 to use a single 27C512 rom for LW3.

I always combine the 2 roms into a single rom for dual roms games anyway to save having to change the jumper.

Thanks mate having a look at the TMMT board at the J banks I've attached a pic I am still a little green, have I got the correct jumper J4? And if so just J4 not the J3.. cheers again for the help

87fbdd831dbfd020c509d863082f09e3.thumb.jpg.2b12b9baa837d6962a4c419f1caf2734.jpg

Cheers but i have the right jumpers and looking at the right part of the board sorry if seems repetitive just want to be 100% remove j4 jumper move to j5 leave j3 as is and bingo!