Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mirror blades

dmeca

Question

Hey all,

Trying to install bally/Williams mirror blades on my black rose but it doesn't want to line up with the back box hinges. It also hits the wood piece that has the glass plastic trim on it, which isn't allowing it to go further back. On my TOM there's a slit here and the blades go all the way back. Am i supposed to saw cut there?

Thanks

-Dave

20200219_211057.thumb.jpg.846f83c0123575a3294ee7bd94a54cf4.jpg

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_147599_1582107711478_672"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

4 answers to this question

Ahh yes, the old mirror blade saga rears its head again.

We for one and like every other maker of these mirror blades no matter what era game try and make a one size will GENERALLY fit all. Yes sometimes there will have to be the odd adjustment made. If we made every set absolutely game specific they would be at least 4 times the price and you think of how many different ones we'd have to carry on the shelf.

For e.g. Bally CFTBL - The backboard is right over one side with no clearance so yes it does need trimming for that game.

Simpsons pinball party - same deal.

Some Bally SS games are deeper in the cab than others.

My advice Dave is wrap a hacksaw blade with tape for a good portion on each end and try and create some clearance OR better still take away some of the offending blade area with sharp tinsnips.

• Like 2

Ahh yes, the old mirror blade saga rears its head again.

We for one and like every other maker of these mirror blades no matter what era game try and make a one size will GENERALLY fit all. Yes sometimes there will have to be the odd adjustment made. If we made every set absolutely game specific they would be at least 4 times the price and you think of how many different ones we'd have to carry on the shelf.

For e.g. Bally CFTBL - The backboard is right over one side with no clearance so yes it does need trimming for that game.

Simpsons pinball party - same deal.

Some Bally SS games are deeper in the cab than others.

My advice Dave is wrap a hacksaw blade with tape for a good portion on each end and try and create some clearance OR better still take away some of the offending blade area with sharp tinsnips.

That makes sense! Yeah would be a nightmare with all the different sizes. Will give it a go and update when I've got it fitted. Thanks for your help!

-Dave

Don't forget to put some sort of fastener in the holes along the bottom to take care of the "vertical shear weight" so you aren't totally relying on the tape. I've used drawing pins as they have a flat head or small countersunk screws (not overtightened so they distort the blade). Even have used upholstery tacks which are a bit like industrial strength drawing pins (and they come in a shiny finish).

EDit; I see you have used some screws - good job with the surgery.

• Like 2