Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Turbo Tumbler help and advice

Pinoffski

Question

I purchased a turbo tumbler and put it into action last night.

put some parts in and ran it for 3 hrs and had a look at them and there was little difference..

I think I am doing something wrong ?

Is it working correctly I am unsure ?

any help would be greatly appreciated..

19 answers to this question

What tumbling media did you use? Walnut or corncob? Did you use a tumbling additive/polish? Usually the duration would be overnight as a minimum, 3hrs wouldn't improve the situation as you've found. Lots of variables including the initial state of the parts you are seeking to polish.

yeah it takes 2-3 day. i dont use mine any more. Given i want clean not obsessive the ultrasonic bath does the job well for me and just some minutes

You should of sold it to me ...lol

you know I was going to go down the tumblr dark path

I usually let mine run overnight at a minimum. The common mistake people make is putting dirty parts in which only ruins the polishing media (i know as i made that same mistake in the beginning when i originally bought mine ten years ago!) They are a polisher NOT a cleaner!
  • Like 2

I usually let mine run overnight at a minimum. The common mistake people make is putting dirty parts in which only ruins the polishing media (i know as i made that same mistake in the beginning when i originally bought mine ten years ago!) They are a polisher NOT a cleaner!

Thanks Mitch :023:

• Administrators

Yeah, what they all said Dave. 1-2 days tumbling, then use colander to sift out the parts from the media and put the parts only back in the tumbler for a few minutes WITHOUT the media. This will help remove the media that has caked into nuts and holes in parts. Sae you some time with the dental pick removing it all.

Dave

• Like 1

Yeah, what they all said Dave. 1-2 days tumbling, then use colander to sift out the parts from the media and put the parts only back in the tumbler for a few minutes WITHOUT the media. This will help remove the media that has caked into nuts and holes in parts. Sae you some time with the dental pick removing it all.

Dave

Thanks for this tips! They seem so obvious now