Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good repairer in Adelaide

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good repairer in Adelaide

    Can anyone recommend a good repairer in Adelaide that would probably come out on site? I suspect that a bridge rectifier has gone bad but don't feel confident enough to do it myself. Fuse F111 keeps blowing (flasher matrix) and everything points to BR4. I disconnected the flasher socket from the board but it still blows the fuse immediately on startup.

    Also, does anyone know of a good supplier of fuses in Adelaide?

    Cheers.

  • #2
    fuses and a little help

    Hi Mate
    I can assist with the fuses
    your right in thinking that if a fuse is blowing there must be a reason not being a tech myself you could try Mark southern star electronics out in pooraka
    I run Amusement Worx but unfortunately a time delay is happening on work at present we are assisting the new Beach house with there machines at present and allot of operators
    but give us a call can assist with the fuse
    wizz

    Comment


    • #3
      Go down to your nearest Dick Smith for the fuses. They have most of what you will need.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by terry007
        Go down to your nearest Dick Smith for the fuses. They have most of what you will need.
        Cheers

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pescefritte
          Can anyone recommend a good repairer in Adelaide that would probably come out on site? I suspect that a bridge rectifier has gone bad but don't feel confident enough to do it myself. Fuse F111 keeps blowing (flasher matrix) and everything points to BR4. I disconnected the flasher socket from the board but it still blows the fuse immediately on startup.

          Also, does anyone know of a good supplier of fuses in Adelaide?

          Cheers.
          Thats, exactly what my Indi pinball was doing. Not knowing what the rectifier was (I thinks there's 3 on mine) a got 2 contacts of some techies and one come out (works for 10 pin bowling as a tech) and did the job, gave me heaps of spare bulbs and showed me.. I think all up he charged me $60.... That was to come out, supply the part and do the work!

          Comment


          • #6
            Check out http://www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm

            Heaps of info eg:

            A Particular Fuse Keeps Blowing in my Game when I Power-on.
            First determine if a failing fuse is caused by a circuit board. The easiest way to do this is to disconnect the playfield from the board(s). This can be done by unplugging the appropriate circuit board connectors, and see if the fuse still blows.

            For example, say fuse F105 keeps blowing on a WPC game. Looking at the schematics shows this is the high power solenoid fuse, and provides power to connectors J105 (cabinet), J106 (backbox), and J107 (playfield). Remove these connectors, replace fuse 105, and turn the game on. If the fuse does not blow, the problem is not on the circuit boards. If the fuse still blows, the problem is on the driver board.

            If the fuse does not blow with the connectors removed, this procedure can be taken a step further. Replace connectors J105,J106,J107 one at a time, and turn the game on. Notice which connector causes the fuse to blow, and trace this connector to the device(s) in question.

            If the circuit board(s) are causing a failed fuse, often a shorted bridge rectifier will cause a fuse to instantly fail when the game is turned on. See below for which fuse connects to which bridge. See the Game Resets (Bridge Rectifiers and Diodes) section for help with testing bridges. If a solenoid fuse keeps blowing after a game is started, usually that means a related driver transistor had shorted. See the Checking Transistors and Coils section for help with that.
            BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mickey Juice
              Check out http://www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm

              Heaps of info eg:

              A Particular Fuse Keeps Blowing in my Game when I Power-on.
              First determine if a failing fuse is caused by a circuit board. The easiest way to do this is to disconnect the playfield from the board(s). This can be done by unplugging the appropriate circuit board connectors, and see if the fuse still blows.

              For example, say fuse F105 keeps blowing on a WPC game. Looking at the schematics shows this is the high power solenoid fuse, and provides power to connectors J105 (cabinet), J106 (backbox), and J107 (playfield). Remove these connectors, replace fuse 105, and turn the game on. If the fuse does not blow, the problem is not on the circuit boards. If the fuse still blows, the problem is on the driver board.

              If the fuse does not blow with the connectors removed, this procedure can be taken a step further. Replace connectors J105,J106,J107 one at a time, and turn the game on. Notice which connector causes the fuse to blow, and trace this connector to the device(s) in question.

              If the circuit board(s) are causing a failed fuse, often a shorted bridge rectifier will cause a fuse to instantly fail when the game is turned on. See below for which fuse connects to which bridge. See the Game Resets (Bridge Rectifiers and Diodes) section for help with testing bridges. If a solenoid fuse keeps blowing after a game is started, usually that means a related driver transistor had shorted. See the Checking Transistors and Coils section for help with that.
              Thanks for the great info. That's what I tried and I'm pretty sure it's the bridge rectifier as it still blows the fuse with the connectors removed.

              So does anyone know a tech in Adelaide who will do callouts?

              Comment


              • #8
                if you have a DMM you can test the rectifier to see if it is blown?

                otherwise, just remove the board and drop it to tech place (pinball or otherwsie) and they should be able to change the rectifier (about a $4 part)

                or you can try it yourself - i take no responsiblity for any fried boards, smoke or other electrically related mishap
                Ric
                looking for:
                the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
                Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
                Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pescefritte
                  So does anyone know a tech in Adelaide who will do callouts?
                  Did you try Southern Star at Pooraka?

                  Or "quote" from Dickesons on South Rd


                  Service
                  We can boast the largest service department in South Australia. We have 7 full time servicemen that work from our premises at Edwardstown. We have specialists in CD jukeboxes & pinball machines (dot matrix displays only), video games etc.

                  We can service your equipment at our workshop. We will not do call outs, however, if you require your equipment picked up and delivered back we can do this for $50 in metro area (no upstairs or downstairs pickups). We do not give service advice over the phone. Our service section is open from Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm. Our standard labour rate is $55 per hour (incl GST) plus parts.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ric
                    if you have a DMM you can test the rectifier to see if it is blown?

                    otherwise, just remove the board and drop it to tech place (pinball or otherwsie) and they should be able to change the rectifier (about a $4 part)

                    or you can try it yourself - i take no responsiblity for any fried boards, smoke or other electrically related mishap
                    How do you do that? Is it on the TESTS menu?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      sorry

                      DMM = digital multi meter

                      DMD = dot matrix display

                      if you have a multi meter you can probe the bridge to see if has shorted

                      no test in the setup for the power boards only software/audits/switches

                      Ric
                      Ric
                      looking for:
                      the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
                      Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
                      Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

                      Comment

                      Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X