Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminator 2 issues

Hey guys,

well picked up my first pinny, its a little rough cause of these few problems, but i got it for a bargain.
    I been reading up on http://www.marvin3m.com/wpc so i can get a bit of a technical background on it all.
    I'm having 3 problems.

1. when i picked up the machine, the auto plunger (is this what its commonly called?) e.g the gun with button ya press to launch the ball worked fine. got it home, it no longer works. has now defaulted to right flipper for ball llaunch which is crap. i reconnected all the ribbon cables which didnt help. I dont know what most people call this part, so upon reading through marvins site i couldnt find any details on trouble shooting.

2. random multiballs
    i have been reading on marvins site and will check what he recommends before i get to worried. thing is, im doubtfull of the vibration sympton, because it seems to happen worst on your first ball, and its alot better after that. weird.

3. about half the time, when a game finishes and the game over comes up, there is a loud ****in bang! its not coming from the speakers, and its louder than the normal bangs that come from the machine.. thinking about it, it sounds the same as the coils (is that right?) going off but twice as loud. it scares the hell outta me and i dont think its right lol

anyways, now i got this pinny, im really ****in addicted. i love it so much. when i was younger i was only into arcade cabs, but being a big movie buff and loving this shit, i can see me buying loads more.
    thanks heaps for any help
    sigpic

1. Check the connector for the gun in the front of the cabinet

2. Are two balls coming out of the shooter lane at once?

3. When you finish a game the last two numbers of your score are matched against a random number. If they match the you get a free ball. This is signaled by a knocker(coil which hits the cabinet) your "Loud bang".
    Have a look at the display next time for the numbers

Comment

firstly, thanks heaps for your fast reply mate
      am at work atm, will check the connector at the front of the cabinet.

2. thats a good question.. i have a feeling so.. but its definatly thinking its a multi ball because it comes up on the matrix display..
      sometimes two balls are thrown in there.. sometimes its one after another sometimes within a second somtimes within 10
      will watch this afternoon for more detail.

3. i havent noticed a free ball after the bang but will definatly check that. it does indeed come from the side of the cabinet.. top right i THINK

thanks again
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hamish_nz
        3. When you finish a game the last two numbers of your score are matched against a random number. If they match the you get a free ball. This is signaled by a knocker(coil which hits the cabinet) your "Loud bang".
        Have a look at the display next time for the numbers
        I always thought that it gave you a free credit. If so, and he is playing free play, he might not notice any difference. It should say MATCH or something.
        ...maybe, but then again "maybe" covers a lot of things, like: maybe Michael Jackson really is LaToya in drag, or maybe if Dorothy clicks her heels 3 times and says "There's no place like home" while she is at home, she would telefrag herself..." - MadMikeAU

| My | |

Comment

Comment

yah playing free play
            and i think you guys are right
            it hasnt happened again, and ive been watching the "match" and i havent won yet.
            so thats that solved, mind you, god damn its loud!

2. it aint 2 balls at once, it really does think you get multiball, and they come out one at a time in quick succession... theres definatly something wrong wiring wise because i checked the cables at the auto plunger end, and they are all fine. also on the play field, there is 5 lights goin upright, 250k, 500k, 1 mill etc etc
            they go backwards... the light starts at 2 mill and 256 k comes up on the screen so instead of advancing from bottom to top, it goes backwards lol

so frustrating, i cant stop playin the game regardless though
            sigpic

Comment

I think they talk about this problem (the multiball problem) in This Old Pinball #5 when they're working on an Indy?? Is anyone else familiar with this? I haven't watched it in a while but I am sure they discussed this and how to fix it.

*edit * just checked the dvd and it was a trough problem if 2 balls came out at once into the shooter lane I think what Hamish was suggesting at. That not being the case I have no idea.
              Last edited by Shock_And_Awe; 3rd July 2006, 08:05 PM.
              Man cannot live with just one pinball.
              sigpic

Comment

awwwwwww
                wish i knew someone close by in newcastle that could fix these things for less than a fortune lol
                everyones help so far has been greatly appreciated!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm no good with pinball help, but just wanted to chime in to congratulate you on your first pinball. I want that to happen to me shortly.
                  The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by bwodie
                    also on the play field, there is 5 lights goin upright, 250k, 500k, 1 mill etc etc
                    they go backwards... the light starts at 2 mill and 256 k comes up on the screen so instead of advancing from bottom to top, it goes backwards lol
                    just a suggestion but the board under the playfield for those lights may have been put upside down while changing globes at some stage.Cant recall the setup under that playfield but if its just those 5 lights on the board it could be

Comment

haha thanks pinny parlour!

good idea!
                      will rotate it this arvo after work
                      sigpic

Comment

The random multiball bug was fixed in the later ROM revisions... you can get a replacement eprom from John Wart Jr. of www.myhomegameroom.com

He' s great!

I have the same pinball machine, mine needs a new display and a new DMD controller. Oh well... lovely game :-)
                        - Orlando Ortiz

Comment

i dont think its just a general bug tho orlando cause it does it every time i play it without fail..
                          every first ball and usualy at least once or twice after that
                          sigpic

Comment

he could be right check u6 eprom if it has L-8 on it its current.
                            "You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today.
                            They left a little note on the windscreen.
                            It said, 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice."

Comment

or check the rec.games.pinball on google groups (or your favorite newsgroups server) for archived info on how to fix that
                              - Orlando Ortiz

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X