Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i clear coated (using a brush pooling method) my top card last year and some images were submitted to the ipdb, they rejected the images noting that the playfield was clear coated....fair enough. But then when u look through some of the playfields and cabinets images on the site from contributors like vic campoletto their machines are so new it's a bit hard to believe they are in original untouched up condition. Look at some of his playfields....no amount of buffing could produce that. Maybe it can.
    It is true that museum type pieces that aren't played should be unaltered but that wasn;t their purpose. i think positions (as has been noted )will shift considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post
      He Micky Juice, how's the inserts holding up on your play field..
      I just went and had a look after you asked...

The decals (about 3) I cleared over haven't moved since the original job.

I just had a close look at my inserts and it looks like the clock inserts (numbers) and some of the 'Gangway' inserts have a tiny ring around them where the clear has separated/moved. If you weren't looking for it, you wouldn't notice.

Note: I never re-glued any of these inserts as they were all flush with the PF. I'd expect the cause of this is the different expansion/contraction of the plastic vs the wood. .. and maybe not being 'exactly' level . It's been about 12 months since it was cleared.

Originally posted by patric67 View Post
      i clear coated (using a brush pooling method) my top card last year and some images were submitted to the ipdb, they rejected the images noting that the playfield was clear coated...
      Yeah I reckon that's a bit harsh of them. They're not the Smithsonian! They may as well reject the low-res pics as well!

Problems like these, that showed up straight away, havn't go any worse:

Last edited by Mickey Juice; 13th August 2008, 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Ain't it grand how things change? Last post in this thread was over 6 years ago. There sure have been some big changes in technologies, techniques and attitudes since then. All for the better.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X