Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduction translites

Hi all,

I've been looking for a replacement translite for my WCS with not much luck. Just wondering if anyone here has reproduced one and if so, did it turn out OK. What was the cost and who did it? Is it just a matter of taking some high quality photos and taking them to the printer? Cheers.

this question has been asked a few times now. i have seen some re-prints just from the local scanners or whatever and they don't come up very good at all. if you want to do it properly, follow darksoul's advice -

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=1378
    http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=1334
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info but isn't that more specific to backglass reproduction/restoration? I'm after a repro of my translite. Is the principle the same?

Comment

scratch that idea, was it world challenge soccer? you could just buy one off US Ebay.
        sigpic

Comment

Nah hes after WCS [ World Cup Soccer ] By Bally 1994. I had a look when i was restoring my WCS but couldnt source one so i cleaned the existing one which wasnt that bad anyway.

Comment

whoops! that sucks, nothing on US Ebay either.
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if I take it to Signarama, will they just duplicate it for me? They will need to use the correct plastic though. The one I have is OK but there are a few gouges which stand out when the lights are on. If I get a copy made, that should remove the the 3D effect you get with the gouges.

Comment

try Mayfair Amusements, Bay Area Amusements or Pinball Resource

all in the US however if they have them, they will be NOS. additionally, sinceit is translite it will costs not much to ship

Ric
                Ric
                looking for:
                the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
                Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
                Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

Comment

Originally posted by Ric
                  try Mayfair Amusements, Bay Area Amusements or Pinball Resource

all in the US however if they have them, they will be NOS. additionally, sinceit is translite it will costs not much to ship

Ric
                  Tried all of the above. Nada, zilch, nothing! Bumper list one on their website but when I asked, they said it was no longer available. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Take it to Signorama. I have had translites done there. Make sure you take your translite and show them the material. I had one done and they printed it on a translite that was the correct material on the back but a plasticy-paper type finish on the front. The translite comes out with a dull finish unless a lot of light is shining through it. You may also want to take some headers etc. to get printed as the minimum charge is for 1 metre of printing and a translite is only about 60cm high.

Comment

Originally posted by garuda
                      You may also want to take some headers etc. to get printed as the minimum charge is for 1 metre of printing and a translite is only about 60cm high.
                      If they are so hard to obtain, get two printed and flog the other one off on ebay, you might even get some return on your investment

pigsie

Comment

Originally posted by pigsie
                        If they are so hard to obtain, get two printed and flog the other one off on ebay, you might even get some return on your investment

pigsie
                        That's a bloody good idea. Thanks chief!

Comment

if you put a williams translite repro on ebay you will soon get a letter from Wayne that you are infringing WMS copyright

i personally would not be bothered with trying to flog one on ebay these auctions have been shutdown worldwide

Ric
                          Ric
                          looking for:

Comment

Originally posted by Ric
                            if you put a williams translite repro on ebay you will soon get a letter from Wayne that you are infringing WMS copyright

Ric
                            That's far enough with copyright, I just wish they (the people who hold the copyright's) would offer repro's themselves. At least that way there would be no need for pirate repro's in the first place. They like to enforce their copyrights, but for the majority of pinball items you can't get them. It's all frustrating. OK I'm off my soap box now
                            WANTED

Another Holiday

Comment

NOS stock is out there it is just not that easy to find in some circumsatnes

As for repro's the market is still very fickle

As for Wayne and his lawyers, it is their perogative but whether it helps pinball, his buisness or rpeutation is another question altogether. I am sure the lawyers aren't offering their services pro bono

Ric
                              Ric
                              looking for:

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X