Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Tales playfield side rail

Hi,

I'm currently restoring a Fish Tales and I have discovered that it is missing the black wooden rail that sits on the left side of the shooter lane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bare PF - Copy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	1915595

I was hoping:
    • Someone may happen to have one lying around they are willing to part with (unlikely I know!), or
    • Someone could provide me with the dimensions of it so I could make a new one. It looks like it doesn't have any 'cut outs' in it.
    • Someone could recommend a supplier of the black woodgrain plastic wrap that is used on them?

Cheers,

Andy

IF you want to go really overboard
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/to...o-ship-or-york

Comment

Andy I use Tas oak from Bunnings 32x11 from memory and I skim down a couple of mm. Painted black they match the grain well or you can sand smooth.
      Have heaps so happy to post you a piece painted for free if you give me length.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=18098]KJS[/MENTION].

If the painted Tassie Oak is a good match, then perhaps I might replace the whole lot and skip the wood grain wrap altogether. I believe that on some games of similar age they used to paint them instead anyway.

I'll sneak down to Bunnings and grab a few lengths to make a set, but thanks again for the offer for the freebie!

I still just need someone to let me know how long my missing piece is: length, width, and height.

Cheers,

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andtan View Post
          Thanks [MENTION=18098]KJS[/MENTION].

If the painted Tassie Oak is a good match, then perhaps I might replace the whole lot and skip the wood grain wrap altogether. I believe that on some games of similar age they used to paint them instead anyway.

I'll sneak down to Bunnings and grab a few lengths to make a set, but thanks again for the offer for the freebie!

I still just need someone to let me know how long my missing piece is: length, width, and height.

Cheers,

Andy
          Good idea
          I’ve seen a few fishtales where the original rails have a join in them and this comes apart often warping the playfield.
          So a whole new set is a good choice

Comment

245 mm x 14 mm x 30mm
            PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

Thanks very much [MENTION=5538]kayakkingoz[/MENTION] !

Cheers.

Andy

Comment

That made me move the stuff off the top of it so I got to have a few games on Fishies tonight . I love that game
                PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

Well I made a new set of side rail for Fish Tales out of Tassie Oak that I picked up at Bunnings. Thanks to KJS and kayakkingoz for measurements and advice.

Instead of painting them black, I managed to find some black contact with wood grain that is identical to the original. For anyone that's interested, I got it off eBay at the following link for $21.83 delivered, 61-cm x 5.0-m:

​​https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254322313152 ​​

Name:	20200111_115739.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	2102563

Name:	20200111_124243.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	2102564

Name:	20200111_172555.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	2102565

Cheers,

Andy

Comment

Looks schmick!

http://www.afpinball.com
                    "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

Comment

Originally posted by ocyen View Post
                      Looks schmick!
                      understatement of the century

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X