Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fish Tales playfield side rail

andtan

Question

Hi,

I'm currently restoring a Fish Tales and I have discovered that it is missing the black wooden rail that sits on the left side of the shooter lane.

820623601_BarePF-Copy.thumb.JPG.0422a1a04f26aec147401b94028cb5ce.JPG

I was hoping:

• Someone may happen to have one lying around they are willing to part with (unlikely I know!), or

• Someone could provide me with the dimensions of it so I could make a new one. It looks like it doesn't have any 'cut outs' in it.

• Someone could recommend a supplier of the black woodgrain plastic wrap that is used on them?

Cheers,

Andy

10 answers to this question

Andy I use Tas oak from Bunnings 32x11 from memory and I skim down a couple of mm. Painted black they match the grain well or you can sand smooth.

Have heaps so happy to post you a piece painted for free if you give me length.

Thanks @KJS.

If the painted Tassie Oak is a good match, then perhaps I might replace the whole lot and skip the wood grain wrap altogether. I believe that on some games of similar age they used to paint them instead anyway.

I'll sneak down to Bunnings and grab a few lengths to make a set, but thanks again for the offer for the freebie!

I still just need someone to let me know how long my missing piece is: length, width, and height.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks @KJS.

If the painted Tassie Oak is a good match, then perhaps I might replace the whole lot and skip the wood grain wrap altogether. I believe that on some games of similar age they used to paint them instead anyway.

I'll sneak down to Bunnings and grab a few lengths to make a set, but thanks again for the offer for the freebie!

I still just need someone to let me know how long my missing piece is: length, width, and height.

Cheers,

Andy

Good idea

I’ve seen a few fishtales where the original rails have a join in them and this comes apart often warping the playfield.

So a whole new set is a good choice

Well I made a new set of side rail for Fish Tales out of Tassie Oak that I picked up at Bunnings. Thanks to @KJS and @kayakkingoz for measurements and advice.

Instead of painting them black, I managed to find some black contact with wood grain that is identical to the original. For anyone that's interested, I got it off eBay at the following link for $21.83 delivered, 61-cm x 5.0-m:

​​https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254322313152 wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​​

20200111_115739.thumb.jpg.415cdccf4ffa49eb38a687e59df31948.jpg

20200111_124243.thumb.jpg.12b080e9dcf56cd18ea61803772dd2de.jpg

20200111_172555.thumb.jpg.6f83d8841064a9b12f4aa921c39bcfa4.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

• Like 6