Request help on Pinball repairs..

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gottelib System 1 blues...

Aussie Arcade

Simples, RE-PIN all the PCB plugs. Common issue with system 1, the pins are most likely corroded & all need replacing.

I had the same issues so before, during & after pixs.
    Attached Files

Comment

one of the displays is possibly blowing the display fuse (a little round brown cylinder on the all in one board)

you can override tilt and game with your finger ( just force the plate) to check if they're stopping the show as well

Comment

Comment

not really helping here, but the GI runs straight from the small transformer and has nothing to do with any boards.

Comment

Any updates here?

Comment

Comment

Is it stuck on "TILT" because if it is there would be no G.I on the playfield or flippers. System 1 tilts & slam tilts can be problematic.
                Also as you have no displays you could not have selected you machines title from the pascal board list, so the game board wouldn't be active yet.
                If nobody is close to you I can test your displays on my Cleopatra & if any of the displays have bad I.C's or Transistors, I do have parts here to fix them.
                Do the voltages check out?

Comment

Last edited by Muzac; 28 November 2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Muzac; 28 November 2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
                      Is it stuck on "TILT" because if it is there would be no G.I on the playfield or flippers. System 1 tilts & slam tilts can be problematic.
                      Also as you have no displays you could not have selected you machines title from the pascal board list, so the game board wouldn't be active yet.
                      If nobody is close to you I can test your displays on my Cleopatra & if any of the displays have bad I.C's or Transistors, I do have parts here to fix them.
                      Do the voltages check out?
                      ....not true about the GI lights and TILT
                      ....mentioned in post #5 .
                      maybe you mean switched illumination?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        ....not true about the GI lights and TILT
                        yes it is. hes right you're wrong

Click image for larger version

Name:	tilt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1856096

Comment

Here's a tip for all. Get the machine working electrically before tearing it to bits. Main reason for this is so you know it isn't something you have done wrong in the assembly and it isn't a problem the machine had prior.
                          Once you start knowing the era of machines you are working on, this becomes less important.
                          To many noobs presume they will find the faults when disassembling. This is rarely the case unless you know exactly what you are doing. If the machine does need a tear down and you are learning, start doing portions of the machine testing the working machine prior to starting on a portion and once that portion is done, retest the machine. That will confirm what you have just done is all correct. Once you see that portion of your work still has the machine working, move on to the next.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	386.0 KB
ID:	1856104

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

I'm sure there is a way to refurb those Gottlieb displays using a 9 volt battery when they get dull like that. Sorry, I can't remember where I read it but it was on AA somewhere. I think @BigTrev was mentioning it. I'm no use because when I was working on series 1 Gottliebs, we had boxes of brand new displays and that was how we fixed them being the Gottlieb importer.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X