Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost to Have a Pinball shop Redecal a Cab?

Collapse

Request help on Pinball repairs..

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to Have a Pinball shop Redecal a Cab?

Hi all, was looking at a widebody pinball i'm interested in. The machine is at a resellers business and it comes with new decals. When i asked if they could put the decals on for me they said it would cost $2,000 to apply them.

Does this seem at all reasonable just to fit the decals that come with the machine??
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Unless they are sanding, filling, prepping and using automotive quality paints and top quality decals, with a high degree of workmanship and care, finished to a Hot Rodded Pins level...then expensive but reasonable.

As this is most likely not going to be the case, then no. You may not want nor care for this level of finish and as such, you can attempt to put them on yourself and buy a nice EM as a reward with the savings.

Comment

Thanks mate, i'll keep looking.
      In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
      Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
      Looking for;
      Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by punkin View Post
        they said it would cost $2,000 to apply them.
        PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

$ 2,000 is the i dont want to do it price, but i can manage to do it if you're silly enough to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
          The Duke of Doonside

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
            $ 2,000 is the i dont want to do it price, but i can manage to do it if you're silly enough to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
            Possibly but It could be but it could also be the “I have to pay someone 1500 to do it and I want a cut” price

Comment

$1000-$1500 is what I have seen
              sigpic

Comment

600 - 1200 is what I have seen depending on extra internal work or bare cab.

Have a crack yourself punkin, heaps of info on here to help.

Comment

Expensive paint job with a sticker going over it.

Comment

20 hours work @ $40 an hour? Would sound about fair to me, but **** I have seen a range of results from redecals, you really do need to have attention to detail to get it right
                    its very easy to **** up, a lot of potential issues.
                    sigpic

Comment

The expectation that 40 an hour is right is partly why you see the variation. 40 as a business gets a guy who’s seen some YouTube videos and works from home. Decent tradesmen with actual skill in a real business cost double that easy

Comment

At $80 an hour one would think they are not working for a boss especially in this context. You don't need to be a tradesman to decal a machine lets be honest.

Although it's a lot of work and hours to decal a machine properly especially if your removing old decals first.
                        Last edited by hotty; 13 September 2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hotty View Post
                          At $80 an hour one would think they are not working for a boss especially in this context. You don't need to be a tradesman to decal a machine lets be honest.

Although it's a lot of work and hours to decal a machine properly especially if your removing old decals first.
                          True but it certainly doesn’t hurt to have a trade background

Comment

Sorry, this is rubbish. I mean seriously....

Punkin honestly have a go, if you really don't have time I'm sure some one near you would do it really well for half what you have been quoted. They are taking the piss at 2k, decals already supplied. They obviously dont want to do it.

It seems Victoria has its own perceived pinball economy..

Comment

Originally posted by KJS View Post
                              Sorry, this is rubbish. I mean seriously....
                              Ahh right. Cool. Rent is about 20 an hour. Wages. Holidays and super for a reasonably skilled unqualified monkey works out about 40. A business quoting services at cost wouldn’t be very clever would it. But yeah ok it’s rubbish. Cool.

If saying commercial rates are rubbish because you can “have a crack” at it in your shed cheaper works for you then good luck to you. It’s true you can do it cheaper. But it’s not rubbish. It’s what it costs commercially

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X