Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getaway Supercharger problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getaway Supercharger problem

    Gday guys
    Played Getaway last night(same as every night) and the supercharger first magnet was slow Turned it on tonight and not working at all So I did a Supercharger test and when enabled no magnets work Looked at the opto board and LED 1 is on but 2 3 4 are off So there is power going to the board BUT dont they all have to be on? Where from here? Is it a transistor or a bridge rectifier on opto board or main board I have the transitors for main board but not opto board Would really appreciate some help as I know nothing really What transistor number (ie Q)on the main board Know how to solder and replaced transistors on DE and Gottliebs but am having trouble finding them in Getaway manual(no hard copy) Remember getting help from maybe Oceyan and Pinball Steve maybe They know their stuff
    Thanks AA community
    DB66

  • #2
    Wanted funhouse and taxi pinballs.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd check the 5v test point on the driver board, in fact test all the test points.

      I think if 5v is down, whilst the opto's might still register in test mode, they won't necessarily work during game play so to say.

      Comment


      • #4
        Had had real issues with my Super Charger and did a whole lot of research and work on it which got it zippy around again .... I am no pinball tech wiz and if i could sort it anyone can. See the link below with all the research and videos of the refurb.

        http://pinballevangelist.com/getaway...hooting-steps/

        Hope it helps....
        =================================
        Pinball Evangelist
        Spreading the Gospel of Pinball One Ball at a Time...

        Website : Twitter : Instagram : YouTube : Facebook : Twitch

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LAP View Post
          Had had real issues with my Super Charger and did a whole lot of research and work on it which got it zippy around again .... I am no pinball tech wiz and if i could sort it anyone can. See the link below with all the research and videos of the refurb.

          http://pinballevangelist.com/getaway...hooting-steps/

          Hope it helps....
          Wow Thanks that's a bit to go thru tonight Thanks LAP

          Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

          Comment


          • #6
            Have you blown a fuse because one of your magnets has shorted? Check basics before going into the accelerator board. If the acclerator board is not visually showing the LEDs in order of opto switching then you probably don't have power going there. This visual indicator proves opto switching is OK and the LM339 is OK. Some of the supercharger problems are associated with the accelerator board are opto's not switching which are idicated by the LED sequence on this board, magnet coils failing causing a transitor to fail and lastly LM339 one per coil/opto on this board can fail too.
            I had the issue of a magnet coil shorting out blowing a transistor on the accelerator board. The symptom was a slower than normal supercharger. Once the magnet, and tranny replaced and the burnt tracks repaired it hasn't failed since.

            If you want to read up on my Supercharger problem and the fix go to this old post.

            https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...t=supercharger
            Last edited by hotty; 19th June 2019, 09:24 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Gday guys Had a DITF so have been away Got back today so
              Have done all tests and no power in the Supercharger
              no magnets working
              5V test point on board reading 5.8 volts all other points testing as per voltage
              All fuses look ok but I dont know what setting to put the multimeter on to test fuses Do I test with power on or off?
              There is a led on on the opto board under the playfield but the 3 for the Supercharger are off
              I have limited electrical knowledge although can easily change resistors and transformers etc on boards if I know what ones
              So any help would be appreciated
              Thanks DB66

              - - - Updated - - -

              Gday Hotty
              Will check LM339 and see
              Will let you know thanks
              David

              Comment


              • #8
                Fuse test with power off, remove the fuse from the mount and set your DMM to continuity.

                If you touch each end and hear a beep fuse is good. No beep, fuse bad.

                Remove the fuse as bad fuses can test good in some circuits.

                Dave
                ************************************************** *******************
                Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks furballx
                  I will do it in the morning
                  David

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Gday guys Thanks to everyone for their help Especially hotty and furballx Go back to the basics Start with power (fuses and test points) first I looked at the fuses and discovered F3 was blown Replaced that and still the same F4 tested OK in and out of the machine but it looked a bit ratty So changed F4 and all OK Supercharger works fine But I dont understand if F3 and F4 control coils 9-28 how all of these still worked but the supercharger didnt F3 was bad but F4 still tested fine?
                    Once again thank you to AA community for their help
                    David

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      [MENTION=17297]DB66[/MENTION] the fuse F103 supplies Low power to "Special Solenoids" in this case the supercharger board and the three magnets in the supercharger and the strobe light I think. Sol #25 #26 #28 are the 3 Enable magnets in the supercharger and Sol#27 is the revolving lamp. In a WPC table a Solenoid isn't always a coil but can be a load eg flash lamps or even a motor.
                      Last edited by hotty; 1st July 2019, 07:01 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hotty View Post
                        [MENTION=17297]DB66[/MENTION] the fuse F103 supplies Low power to "Special Solenoids" in this case the supercharger board and the three magnets in the supercharger and the strobe light I think. Sol #25 #26 #28 are the 3 Enable magnets in the supercharger and Sol#27 is the revolving lamp. In a WPC table a Solenoid isn't always a coil but can be a load eg flash lamps or even a motor.
                        Thanks hotty
                        Supercharger works OK 95% of the time now but sometimes won't fire first magnet Error message ssys check opto 1 Turn machine on again all works OK for a while ( 1 hour ) then stops working If I play with wires to the optos all works OK Played for 1 1/2 hours last night No problem Should I resolder the optos ?
                        DB66
                        David

                        Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DB66 View Post
                          Thanks hotty
                          Supercharger works OK 95% of the time now but sometimes won't fire first magnet Error message ssys check opto 1 Turn machine on again all works OK for a while ( 1 hour ) then stops working If I play with wires to the optos all works OK Played for 1 1/2 hours last night No problem Should I resolder the optos ?
                          DB66
                          David

                          Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
                          Opto 1

                          Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes re flow all the opto's it's common for dry joints to occur on the supercharger

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks hotty
                              I'm going to play Getaway now and hopefully all will be OK Will definitely resolder all opto points tomorrow Thank you for your advice
                              DB66

                              Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0720 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X