Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Elektra

greydog

Question

Trying to sort an issue out with my Elektra.

Its done this since I bought it.

When you are playing on the lower playfield sometimes the upper playfield flippers flip and the GI lights flash at the same time, I have held the lower flippers up and bashed the side of the cabinet thinking it maybe switch related but nothing, it only happens when flipping, game plays normally on the upper playfield, no random flipping on the lower playfield, hope that makes sense.

any ideas please.

Done so far...

All eos switches adjusted

All flipper switches adjusted

Triacs replaced as one was faulty

Swapped Aux driver Boards, checked bulbs

Swapped solenoid expander, checked bulb

Cheers.

5 answers to this question

Trying to sort an issue out with my Elektra.

Its done this since I bought it.

When you are playing on the lower playfield sometimes the upper playfield flippers flip and the GI lights flash at the same time, I have held the lower flippers up and bashed the side of the cabinet thinking it maybe switch related but nothing, it only happens when flipping, game plays normally on the upper playfield, no random flipping on the lower playfield, hope that makes sense.

any ideas please.

Done so far...

All eos switches adjusted

All flipper switches adjusted

Triacs replaced as one was faulty

Swapped Aux driver Boards, checked bulbs

Swapped solenoid expander, checked bulb

Cheers.

You mentioned the solenoid expander board. I presume that board has something to do with the upper playfield?. Check the light bulb that is under the playfield for the expander board for a loose bulb, socket or connection. That bulb puts a load on the driver circuit and without it, it won't drive the relay or transistor, ( depending on what type of board), correctly. If the filament in the bulb is failing or the bulb has a bad connection in the socket, it will cause this board to drop out.

Thanks @Autosteve

The solenoid expander comes on to activate the lower playfield, just checked the bulb is good and shines bright when lower playfield is activated, however the relay is vibrating, I'm going to swap it again and see what happens

Swapped it with my Medusa solenoid expander and made it worse [emoji848] the only difference are these numbers printed on the board under "solenoid expander" all the rest the same.

Medusa...... 1482

Elektra........ 30-81

The Elektra one has had work previously, think its dodgy.1557989265608.jpeg.64cef395635578b3b0107374a9a4e23b.jpeg1557989865400.jpeg.9dd0aa1c940584ad0b99d1ed45c43872.jpeg

a difference I have seen in the past is a jumper on some boards and not on others, related to the switching of the 43VDC.

have you checked the pins in the header plug?

have you checked for any dry joints on the header and relay pins on the board?

are you able power up the relay on its own, out of the machine?

a difference I have seen in the past is a jumper on some boards and not on others, related to the switching of the 43VDC.

have you checked the pins in the header plug? YES... ALL GOOD

have you checked for any dry joints on the header and relay pins on the board? YES...ALL GOOD, REFLOWED FOR GOOD MEASURE.

are you able power up the relay on its own, out of the machine? NO..UNFORTUNATELY.

Got a few issues with other plugs in the backbox which I will be replacing, there are some wires with the green slime which need attention too, I'll fix that all up first and see how it goes.