No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones path of adventure problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was some custom board hanging off my original motor bridge board before I replaced it with a Homepin board. I wonder if this was masking some other problem? More mysteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What's on the chip in the middle?
        Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

• Originally posted by ajfclark View Post
          What's on the chip in the middle?

In the previous image those components look like pots or something that have been marked with a sharpie for the correct position.

Comment

• Tracks on the other side of the board? Some of the top doesn't make sense? Like the lowest pot appears to have nothing connected to the second leg?
            Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't think they used enough solder.

Comment

• Comment

• by any chance it the motor going backwards?
                    another way of testing it is to go into switch test and loosen the grub screw and manually move the switch interruptor to see if the switches are being made

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots View Post
                      by any chance it the motor going backwards?
                      another way of testing it is to go into switch test and loosen the grub screw and manually move the switch interruptor to see if the switches are being made

Comment

• Originally posted by cejay View Post
                        I don’t think the motor is going backwards, during gameplay before it exceeds the limit and deactivates it goes left right correctly using the flipper buttons. Is that what you mean?

The optos register in test mode, that’s never really been a problem. The startup test seems to be slightly more reliable but if I do a Mpf test I can easily exceed the limits.

Was just watching an episode of Air Crash Investigations where the aircraft were going the opposite way to what the pilot were steering them so the pilots tried harder and only made it worse
                        So just thinking if the motor was going backwards, then once it his the limit it would try and go the other way but that would be the wrong way

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots View Post
                          Was just watching an episode of Air Crash Investigations where the aircraft were going the opposite way to what the pilot were steering them so the pilots tried harder and only made it worse
                          So just thinking if the motor was going backwards, then once it his the limit it would try and go the other way but that would be the wrong way
                          Hmm ok.. I'm not sure what to make of that If it's going in the wrong direction that would mean that it could have been soldered wrong possibly? Does that make a motor spin the other way or would it do nothing?

Did anyone make any sense of that custom circuit I posted a pic of.. any idea what that might have been trying to accomplish? I googled that chip and it's a timer. It may have just been a way of replacing some components on the original motor bridge which had issues.

This is all too hard.. I'm getting depressed as this saga has just gone on for so long

Comment

• Originally posted by cejay View Post
                            Hmm ok.. I'm not sure what to make of that If it's going in the wrong direction that would mean that it could have been soldered wrong possibly? Does that make a motor spin the other way or would it do nothing?

Did anyone make any sense of that custom circuit I posted a pic of.. any idea what that might have been trying to accomplish? I googled that chip and it's a timer. It may have just been a way of replacing some components on the original motor bridge which had issues.

This is all too hard.. I'm getting depressed as this saga has just gone on for so long
                            Would a hug make you feel better? Lol
                            live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

• Originally posted by oldhank View Post
                              Would a hug make you feel better? Lol
                              Yes, please hug me

Comment

• Can you reinstall the homemade board into the game and see what happens?

http://www.afpinball.com
                                "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X