Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinball Pool Restoration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Good idea. I would have been worried that the weight would get stuck with the glue and rip it back up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can Play while not spilling the beer.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Defender View Post
      Good idea. I would have been worried that the weight would get stuck with the glue and rip it back up.
      The glue is under the wood which is under the mylar so no glue is on the top of the PF except a little bit on the insert where the needle hole was.

      Comment


      • #48
        Can Play while not spilling the beer.

        Comment


        • #49
          If your concerned about glue sticking to in this case a weight, a very light spray of silicon spray prevents it sticking.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
            If your concerned about glue sticking to in this case a weight, a very light spray of silicon spray prevents it sticking.
            Can Play while not spilling the beer.

            Comment


            • #51
              From the looks of it, Trev has done an excellent repair. These little problems like the one here can quickly compound into bigger eyesores if not addressed or repaired correctly.

              Comment


              • #52
                Great work so far Trev. Thanks for the tip re delamination .. I have a delaminated PF to try and fix one of these days so will keep that idea in mind

                Comment


                • #53
                  NICE WORK with that repair on the playfield.. hard to tell it was ever raised!!

                  I had to deal with a similar issue on a Count Down playfield a while back that had lifted in a few spots.. only difference was it had no mylar (i'd already removed it as it was being clearcoated) which made repairing it a bit easier.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Almost done.

                    Just have to finish the top apron, final coat done today, and put the decal on the bottom apron.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-18 17.00.25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	1847597

                    Under the playfield took me awhile to do and lucky I had a second playfield to swap parts between.
                    There were also a few hacks to fix. Because each target has a coil attached, it looks like when one blew it wasn't replaced and the owner would just cut the wires and bypass them.

                    I will have to check on the best way to start it up since it's never been started is AUS before. I remember reading a startup checklist in Clay's system 1 guide so I will have to review that again.
                    Last edited by thejudge; 21st April 2019, 07:46 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Looks great! The cabinet looks like it never had any damage. Have really enjoyed reading this resto!

                      Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Was the installation of the pascal board easy? Do you know how much it cost with the delivery to aus? I have heard that you get some extras like a skill shot. Would love to see a video the pascals features on this machine!

                        Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Awesome result with this one Trev.
                          Definitely reward for effort and doubt you will want to part with it down the track.

                          You are making me feel guilty about how long its been since I worked on any of my games.

                          Cheers
                          Dave


                          Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Well I'm glad you stuck with this one. It looks sweet. As for the drop target drop coils, on 3 ball play, one target knocked down on one bank drops the opposite target on the opposite bank. One 5 ball play it is only every second target that drops the opposite target. This feature is controlled by the old style EM connector on the underside of the playfield, not the games software so even on 5ball play, you can just leave that plug in the 3 ball position or vise versa.

                            This was done by many an operator back in the day because those drop coils burnt out rather regularly.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by kimbleseven View Post
                              Was the installation of the pascal board easy? Do you know how much it cost with the delivery to aus? I have heard that you get some extras like a skill shot. Would love to see a video the pascals features on this machine!
                              Sorry, just saw this. The pascal board just replaces the driver board in the back box and then just have to plug in the existing connectors to the board.
                              The board is about $500aud landed and does have a few extra features like the attract mode, skill shot & ball save to name a few.

                              - - - Updated - - -

                              I haven't got it working as yet and I did a quick power test today and tripped the power

                              As I don't know the condition of the transformers, does anyone have any tips on how to test them to make sure they are outputting the correct voltages?
                              Last edited by thejudge; 21st April 2019, 11:00 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by thejudge View Post
                                Sorry, just saw this. The pascal board just replaces the driver board in the back box and then just have to plug in the existing connectors to the board.
                                The board is about $500aud landed and does have a few extra features like the attract mode, skill shot & ball save to name a few.

                                - - - Updated - - -

                                I haven't got it working as yet and I did a quick power test today and tripped the power

                                As I don't know the condition of the transformers, any tips on how to test them to make sure they are outputting the correct voltages?
                                Check vids guide to system 1s online maybe.

                                Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X