Gottlieb "Cleopatra" Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gottlieb "Cleopatra" Restore

Hey Guy's, Well I got Cleo home & yes I drilled the lock out, dismantled it & breaking nothing. Now to business! There is good & bad news-

The Good news- no problems with the power supply, displays, driver board, transformers, retifiers.
    The bad news- The control board is beyond the cost & time to rebuild due to major corrosion on both sides, the translite has a lot of paint cracking, the front coin door ply panel needs replacing.

Today-
    i've checked the power supply & transformers...All Good, correct voltages everywhere.
    I've ordered a new Flipp P1-1 control board (MPU).
    I've replaced all the corroded & worn pins in the PCB harness & plugs.
    I've removed the coin door panel & metal hardware to start making a new Ply front panel.

Next to do-
    Finish the wood work & prime for base coat.
    Rebuild power supply ( Replace Caps ).
    Start cleaning the playfield & replacing all rubbers.
    Fit new legs & feet.
    Source a few minor bits.

Any recommendations on repairing or replacing the translite, I'm all ears.

Some more pixs soon!

just buy another backglass .. they come along from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by wiredoug View Post
      just buy another backglass .. they come along from time to time
      Only one i've seen is in the US and would be around $350 excluding postage of around $145.
      Last edited by Gemini2544; 3rd May 2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
        Only one i've seen is in the US and would be around $350 including postage.
        thats what they cost. 250-350. you get the odd 150-250 bargain .. but its patience vs dollars.. they are out there. its not overly rare.

Comment

thats what they cost. 250-350. you get the odd 150-250 bargain .. but its patience vs dollars.. they are out there. its not overly rare.
          My Wife says she has a friend that does Art on glass with special paints, Might look into her friend.

Comment

Yep, I'd be after a better one if the game warranted it. Sure it's not overly rare, but the majority are flaky.

Comment

or leave it, play it, sell it .. someone else will buy it the same as you did.. cant make them all perfect.

Comment

cant make them all perfect.
                So true!

- - - Updated - - -

Some more pixs of where I'm at. Sorry there sideways, AA wont allow adjustment to vertical.

Comment

Good to hear it arrived in one piece put it together & have some fun, collect what you need then tear it down

Comment

Originally posted by angs1957 View Post
                    Good to hear it arrived in one piece put it together & have some fun, collect what you need then tear it down
                    Don't worry I plan to, however some repair work had to be done on the front panel first due to the bottom falling out.

Comment

Well today I completed the front panel, fitted new locks, re-rubbered the playfield & fitted the new chrome legs. Next to do will be cabinet scratch repair & painting of the front panel to match. It's going very well!

Comment

Not much to report today other than I got an email saying my Flipp PCB is in the mail, I painted & speckled the front panel, filled in the deep scrapes on the sides ready for touch up paint & refitted the coin door & Ball launcher properly. Cleo is looking younger everyday!

Comment

What paint did you end up using?

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Power View Post
                            What paint did you end up using?
                            Oil base paint. I've now done a test repair on the side to see how it would go. I made a masking tape and paper stencil, worked great but some of the finer details will be troublesome.
                            Last edited by Gemini2544; 30th April 2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

It's Friday and the front panel is finished. I was amazed that I found paint that matched the 38 years of fade & stain matching the side panel's background white.
                              I recreated the original design the best I could. The first photo was at purchase & last photo is off the internet to show what it was like. I'm happy with my result.
                              Last edited by Gemini2544; 1st May 2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X