Black Hole progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hole progress

Here is the playfield before the stripdown.

Mylar, Black paint around the bumpers, shitload of glue (yellow pain in the arse stuff)

Its been touched up before as its coming away easily as acrylic paint does with the ethanol.

During the rub down with mylar removed with a heatgun.

You can see the glue that I have to deal with around the roll over areas, after the black paint removed around the bumpers the wood is revealed.

White smears are the remains of the rubbing alcohol for some that aren't aware.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RaMpAgE; 21st July 2009, 01:05 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

cool game. will follow with interest

Comment

Well worth the effort. Top game indeed

Comment

After the magic eraser cleanup some Novus 3,2,1

Then some close ups of the touchups needed. (f&*#ken heaps)
        Attached Files

Comment

shit make your making me feel a whole lot better about mine now look forward to seeing the end results.

Comment

All the low wear spots have been filled with Septone auto car filler (repair putty)

Sanded back with 800/1200 grit wet/dry

Ready for some touchups now.
            Attached Files

Comment

Gottlieb's pop bumper skirt mylar thingies did a great job of holding dirt, and working like sandpaper. Hope she comes-up great!

Comment

Pop bumper area touched up and also here and there, first time I have mixed up tones of blue and its harder than other colours I've done. But anyway not looking too bad.

Had to redo spacemans hand too, it'll do heh.
                Attached Files

Comment

looking good mate

Comment

Looks pretty good to me too
                    Would be hard to match the Blues ,it looks like they've used quite a few different shades of it.

Comment

Ok here are some before and after pics.

Don't have before shots of these two.

Do you think I should cover with mylar or just a few coats of wax, what are your suggestions??

Wax?
                      Mylar?

Comment

top work, I couldn't spot the touch ups until I looked back to see what was damaged in the first place. how long has it taken so far ? and what type of paints did you use? if you have used 'hard' paints like automotives or hobby enamels then wax will be enough, acrylics then I reckon clear or mylar...

Comment

The power supply has been updated with recommended changes/fixes as per the pinrepairs site.

R10 with 680ohm resistor
                          R3 with 12k
                          CR6 with 18v zener
                          CR7 with 8.3v zener
                          POT1 with new 500ohm trim pot
                          IC1 socketed and LM723CN

I replaced the red LED's with a yellow LED for the +5v and green LED for +12v just so someone knows it has been worked on.

Also new elec. caps. all round to just make sure all voltages/signals are smooth.

There is a rottendog PS in the backbox but I wanted to fix the original up.

Originally posted by stuba View Post
                          top work, I couldn't spot the touch ups until I looked back to see what was damaged in the first place. how long has it taken so far ? and what type of paints did you use? if you have used 'hard' paints like automotives or hobby enamels then wax will be enough, acrylics then I reckon clear or mylar...
                          The paints are acrylic's so mylar it is then, don't want to clear with this one.

Its taken a few hours here and there.
                          Last edited by RaMpAgE; 18th August 2009, 04:10 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

Here are some shots of the back glass and innards sorry for the blurry pcbs shot.

Got some work to do on the score windows, apart from that the glass is not too shabby.

Comment

glass looks great

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X