X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PinBot (picture overload warning)

Another stage 1 project, starts here

sigpic

Top rated machine bit like this one......................

sigpic

For all your promotional requirements at guaranteed low prices ....
    CUSTOM MADE PHONE COVERS, STUBBY COOLERS, KEYRINGS,
    LANYARDS, WRISTBANDS plus MUCH, MUCH MORE !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daics3522 View Post
      Top rated machine bit like this one......................

Haha, point taken, you filth should go well this year Rather the Filth than the Scum

go the pies (can't believe I said that)

Edit oh yeah thats right 16 premierships (Carlton/Essendon) collingwood 13
      sigpic

Comment

probably as nice a Pinbot as you could find

Comment

Very nice Ben, it dosen't seem like it will take too much to bring it back.
          Was it really that cold in the garage, comrade?

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
            Very nice Ben, it dosen't seem like it will take too much to bring it back.
            Was it really that cold in the garage, comrade?
            Cheers, everything seems is in place (Just).
            Still trying to shake this cold, so was layering up last night, worst bit is I can't taste anything still, beer tastes like water
            Now just need some energy to strip it down.
            sigpic

Comment

nice

one day id like to own all 3 in the set
              you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

that is my dream pinny id marry the bride of pinbot if i could!!

Comment

Finally shaking this cold and decided to make a start on PinBot.

As you can the see in the last photo the displays are not working, they would work faintly on startup then gradually fade to nothing.
                  Was hoping this was a power supply problem as display glasses are pricey!. Quick look on the pin repair guide put me straight to the R1 and R4 resistors on the PS, sure enough one resistor had been piggy backed, and the other tested low.
                  Had a look through my components and had a couple of 39Kohm 1 watt resistors , don't even have to leave the house now.
                  Pulled out the PS board and replaced the 2 Resistors.
                  I have displays now,bright and no missing segments, except the 4 digit display (Credit / Ball in play) does not work at all. Not sure where to go with this part, I suspected it has outgassed. Is there anyway to test

Would it be possible to plug the 4 digit display in into either 3 or 4 player 7 digit display (same connection I think) to test if its the display?
                  sigpic

Comment

Started stripping the PF tonight. Hated playing it (all of 4 games ) in poor condition , missing rubbers etc .
                    All the switches, solenoids etc seemed to test OK, so time to get the PF running smoothly
                    One big plastic tub, lots of little plastic bags, a screwdriver and socket set and went to it.

Visor cover removed.

Left hand middle, lots of Star posts in this game and various different metal posts

Under the Bride, a bit of wear close to the Pop bumpers. (one Pop Bumper would not even press down, manually (top one))

Large Blue Ramp Removed

Lift Ramp, so far the PF looks pretty good, especially IF the mylar lifts well

Under the Vortex ramp, a bit of wear here, shouldn't be hard to touch up.

The Eye locks, more slight wear. Looks like the person who put the PF Mylar on, did the sections they could reach without removing anything .

Top part, you can see the mylar bubbling around the inserts, hopefully it will just fly off overnight.

Bottom part, and even more prominent here especially around the Sun.
                    Also you can notice the Special and 4x insert lifting

Finished the rest of the PF posts as well, so its basically stripped. Just have to remove the Pop bumpers and Flippers. Hopefully will get a start on the Mylar strip tomorrow.
                    Overall its in pretty good condition two inserts have lifted but haven't caused in damage. Most of the wear is in hidden areas, but will give it a go touching it up nothing to lose.
                    The BG is Excellent doesn't seem to be a mark on it

Battery went flat in the camera so will post some more pics tomorrow.

Can't wait to get the grime off, and then the mylar.
                    sigpic

Comment

Excellent progress mate, Anothe Williams classic will live again!!

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                        Haha, point taken, you filth should go well this year Rather the Filth than the Scum

go the pies (can't believe I said that)

Edit oh yeah thats right 16 premierships (Carlton/Essendon) collingwood 13
                        ......... Live for the future DK not the past.........

BTW: you did get your point across with that ...........
                        sigpic

For all your promotional requirements at guaranteed low prices ....
                        CUSTOM MADE PHONE COVERS, STUBBY COOLERS, KEYRINGS,
                        LANYARDS, WRISTBANDS plus MUCH, MUCH MORE !!!!!!

Comment

"go the pies (can't believe I said that)"

Thats all that matters....

Comment

http://www.friday.com/bbum/2008/05/3...-beat-pin-bot/
                            BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Ouch! I think I'd wait for a CPR PF than tackle that one
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X