Gorgar BG finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgar BG finished!

Thank f*ck it is finally done. Was starting to get sick of this one. Pics are in order of the layers put down on the rear of the perspex/glass. So as you stand in front of the machine, the first layer (front layer) is the color layer, followed by the white translucent vinyl later with the chrome later that allso forms the backmask at the rear.

It is about 98% accurate. The only trouble is getting every area cut out of the chrome layer. This will leave so little backmask as to make it near impossible for the printer to put it down and manouvre it into place. So I've taken a bit of licence to not take so much out. Before the final printing is done I will consult with the printer as to how much more I can take out of the backmask to make it more accurate to the orignial without making his job impossible. Still, it should look pretty sweet. Any "jaggies" you see in the pics are caused by reducing their size and converting to jpeg to upload to the web.

And now the pics....

very VERY nice man
    sigpic

Comment

Bloody nice

Comment

Excellent job
        It looks fantastic and i only wish i had your patience and skills

Comment

I hope you dont mind if I borrow the top pic at the background on my computer
          We're the renegades of funk

Comment

Picked up the finished backglass from the printer this afternoon. Overall I am pretty happy. The colours are a little "washed out" from having the white translucent layer behind the color print. I should have thought of that.

The camera exaggerates the difference in color more than in real life. Camera didn't capture the chrome work very well either.

Still, I recon it would pass muster.

Comment

So did you print this BG yourself or get it printed at a print shop . Looks damn nice . Can we ask what sort of ballpark $ did it cost to get done .

Comment

Another top class effort Brad, can't wait to see it up close

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice, how many hours went in to that?
                  "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
                    Very nice, how many hours went in to that?

I recon somewhere around the 40-50 hr mark.

Some I've done were damn simple and only took about 20 hrs.

Problem is I usually work from backlasses that are terrible and need a lot of work.

Comment

noice!

she did look better with her tits out tho....

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X