Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash Gordon restoration

Collapse

Post your SS Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Gordon restoration

What started as a tidy up turned into a full blown restoration of this fantastic game from 81. Arguably the lesser brother to fathom , centaur and eight ball deluxe of the same vintage but in my opinion a underrated game due to its brutal gameplay.
    uploaded are some pictures of the journey so far.
    I would like to thank many people who gave me some solid advice and supply of parts. Railways: new siderails and cab protectors. Alltek for boards , RTBB for parts , PSPA for parts , and Pinball pimp for the painting advice and stencils.
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Top work.
    Iā€™m sure Doug Hawkins would like to see a picture of his old game

Comment

all that effort and looking sweet ......did you decide no cab protectors for the legs?

Comment

All Stars Season 4 Episode 404 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Comment

That looks sweet with fresh colours on it Great job.

Did you use Rustoleum cans?
          http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

That looks great, very nice job

Comment

That cabinet looks SLICK!
              Nicely done.
              Dave
              ************************************************** *******************
              Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

Sweet. How do you guys clean up those coin doors?

Comment

Hi guys
                  Yes to leg protectors supplied by railways on AA. The stainless ones, which are a breeze to install.
                  Rustoleum cans 2x Gloss apple red , 2xGloss black and universal gold.
                  best tip for painting with these is to get one of the adaptors and fat caps from a graffitti shop which makes a wider spray for overlapping passes. With the gold cans ( bought online) remove the trigger handle and use the adaptor again for better control.
                  forgot to mention i got some tips from railways to on paint. Light passes to start with as this paint has primer solvents that eat into previous layer so if applied to thick it can react badly . Experiment first on scrap wood . Also rustoleum only likes rustoleum it cant be used with other brands .
                  Tips for pinball pimp stencils ensure you aline them all properly and take your time with set up , the painting is the easy part, not too much paint either just enough to get full colour is all thats needed.
                  tweezers and an exacto knife required too for any weeding out of bits and pieces. This rustoleum flashes pretty quickly so once you have painted remove any additional paper and tape for overspray protection and stencils should be good to go for removal. Test a small piece if it strings its not ready give it a couple of minutes then go again. But once its good to go dont stop and pull stencilacross the adge not downward from it.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words too , will post pics when totally complete. New cpr playfield to go in but that scares me a little so ill take a break and get on to it later .šŸ˜‰

Comment

Coin doors
                      buff buff and then buff some more. Lol
                      bench grider buffer is the go drill attachments just dont cut it for me. Green rouge is for stainless.
                      dont use autosol in the black and gold tube its like 80 grit sandpapet and leaves scratches. If you do use it use the pink one 'shine'. Far less abrasive.šŸ˜Ž

Comment

I'd agree with what you've said about the Autosol. You can actually buy 3 different blends. Yes the black and gold is the coarsest I feel. The pink is good but there is also the silver / black tube for " aluminium " which seems to work well on other metals as well.
                        http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Beautiful work...I can tell by your back yard you are a man of detail!
                          The cab looks sensational.

Just watched TED the other night with my son where flash makes an appearance and there are some throw back images...very funny!

Comment

Looks fantastic! Great job on the cabinet. The rustoleum paints are great. I found that as long as they are 100% dry you can use other brand paints over the top just fine. I put Montana black brand paints over the top without any issues.

Comment

Spotless shed, reflects your pride in your work. Nice work.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X