Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gorgar before photo

G`day

I`ve just recently got this game and are just starting to give it a good clean,replacing drop down target springs,checking for dodgy coils e,c,t before I get my new boards,i,e, doing the less expensive things.

This is my first photo showing the worst of the playfield,quite a bit of wear,the ball was realy bad wicth wouldn`t have helped.After a good clean I`ll try to mix some acrylic or try to get a match from some samples from an art shop, after that I was just planing to give it a polish with novus 2 and novus 1, home use only.

I put some photos up as I get some coulor down,wish me luck.

cheers,

Laurie

I was thinking of using some mylar on the heavy traffic section ,I was wandering how noticiable where the mylar starts and finishes would be and if just a good polish be alright for home use..I think I would prefer to get someone to 2pac clear coat but could be costly

Fisrt pin,first 1000 decisions to make

Great

, glad I asked the question,can it still look clossy and what sort of prep is needed on the playfield,would all polish need to be removed,it has no polish now just curios.I want the best result posible,I rather ask a dumb question if it`s for the good of a pinball.

cheers

The brown ( hair ) and the tan flesh colours should be fairly easy to match , that yellow could be tough ?? ( I hate matching yellows :x )

If I was to mylar after it I would cut the mylar sheet so that its edges matched up to some of the lines already in the artwork - similar to this 'green area' I just drew up in this image- that way you shouldnt really notice the edges of the mylar too much

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7521/11414782imgfp8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Gorgar all up and running a treat, had a few mishaps along the way. The touch-up on the playfield isn`t too bad but no close up photos,stoked with everything else,playing 100% everything working just as it should,just need to buy some 2nd hand coin mechs.love playing it (thats what it`s for) and so do the kids,cheers Lozza

Well done Lozza - was contemplating that game for myself. Good to see youve done a great job - she looks real clean.

What did you end up protecting the acrylic paint with?? Did you go the Mylar or a coating like P/thane or clear coat?

After touching up the paint I did the back around the numbers with an artline 200 which is very fine then I cut a large piece of mylar that goes between the kickers.The top of the mylar is above the number 20 on gorgar`s chest down to the start of the blue between the flippers, not too noticable but for lots of home use should last like that for years, very happy,,cheers Lozza