Project "KISS" Resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project "KISS" Resto

Now that Trident is finished Im ready to move on to Project "KISS".
    Ive been looking for one for some time without luck, then bam, one falls into my lap.
    Came complete with brand new IPB playfield & backglass still in there boxes.
    As well as a new set of plastics, drop targets, lane guides etc.
    Mmmm all minty fresh
    Ive started stripping it, starting with the headbox.
    All the MPU boards etc are in being overhauled & upgraded.
    Will try to post more pics as I go this time.
    I will be doing a full repaint as per trident.
    The old backglass is on ebay atm & I will be listing the playfield as soon as its stripped.
    http://www.aussiearcade.com/photopos....php?photo=496

You jammy c, c, c,. Whats that C word I'm looking for..!

Comment

It didn't come from NZ did it?

Sounds like a guy I know who had just got all that stuff for his and he was thinking of selling it now.

Comment

Originally posted by spacies View Post
        It didn't come from NZ did it?

Sounds like a guy I know who had just got all that stuff for his and he was thinking of selling it now.
        Nah not the same one.

The pinnie was just bought in from Canada.
        The previous owner told me he got really pissed one night & then went on ebay. Bad move, he woke in the morning to find he had bought a new playfield & glass from IPB.

Comment

lovely score, get those stencilsout it will come up fab!

Comment

Talk about right time - right place, I'll look forward to the pic's.
            http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

update

Ok Ive finished stripping the cab to the bare shell.
              I will start on prepping it for the respray by getting into the sanding today.
              I have received all of the circuit Boards back from being overhauled.
              Someone in there excitement & haste had plugged it straight into 240 volts, not knowing or realizing it was still set up for USA standard 110 Volts.
              The end result was a molten transformer & every single board had fried components.I didn't know whether to or
              Oh well, no permanent damage done & all fixed now.
              You can see the burn marks in the backbox from it melting, lucky not to catch on fire, in the picture.
              http://www.aussiearcade.com/photopos....php?photo=502
              Perhaps this was why the previous owner was keen to sell.
              Anyway got it for a good price, so no complaints.
              Ive ordered my side art stencil kit from pinball pal, I couldn't be bothered making one this time around since they are readily available & cheap enough.

Comment

Ouch!

What are you doing for a new transformer?. I'm pretty sure KISS, Space Invaders and Future Spa use a slightly different one compared to all the other games.

Comment

Originally posted by rod71 View Post
                  Ouch!

What are you doing for a new transformer?. I'm pretty sure KISS, Space Invaders and Future Spa use a slightly different one compared to all the other games.
                  Yeah luckily I have a very, very good tech just around the corner who only does pinball PCB repairs & he happened to have a spare, but it cost me.

Comment

Sore bum..?

Comment

last one of these i saw was up in the blue mountains.
                      <a href="www.priceearthmoving.com.au">mini excavator hire and constructions </a>

Comment

Ive made some more progress on this over the last week.
                        I totally sanded back the whole cab, then I repaired any slight dings with auto body filler, sanded it & hit it with a coat of sealer undercoat.
                        As I want to get the cab as good as I can I decided to give it a light coat of spray putty, more sanding, then another coat of sealer undercoat, more sanding, before giving it the first coat of white.
                        I have to wait 24hrs before I can sand it yet again, & give it the final coat, so thats todays mission.
                        The plan then will be to give it at least a week for the paint to harden prior to stencilling the side artwork on. This will also give me time to get stuck into the playfield swap.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/photopos....php?photo=507

Comment

I made a start on the playfield swap today.
                          I started by drilling all the hole required in the pf which had not been done.
                          I then inserted all of the wire guide rails & T nuts.
                          Next I rebuilt the flippers by stripping them totally, giving the metal parts a quick buff, then reassembled them using new coils & sleeves, coil stops, plungers & links, EOS switches & flipper bushings.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-100_3530.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1777769
                          I then got stuck into the drop target bank. Once again totally stripping them, buffing the metal parts, & rebuilding them using new drop targets & coil.
                          Before & after
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-100_3531.JPG
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1777770 Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-100_3536.JPG
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1777771

Comment

looking good Burra!!! Should have bought that godzilla to go next to it

Comment

Looks great, next time I see you, I will give you a big KISS.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X