Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Project "KISS" Resto

Guest Burra749

Guest Burra749

Now that Trident is finished Im ready to move on to Project "KISS".

Ive been looking for one for some time without luck, then bam, one falls into my lap.:D

Came complete with brand new IPB playfield & backglass still in there boxes.:cool:

As well as a new set of plastics, drop targets, lane guides etc.

Mmmm all minty fresh

Ive started stripping it, starting with the headbox.

All the MPU boards etc are in being overhauled & upgraded.

Will try to post more pics as I go this time.

I will be doing a full repaint as per trident.

The old backglass is on ebay atm & I will be listing the playfield as soon as its stripped.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=496

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Burra749
It didn't come from NZ did it?

Sounds like a guy I know who had just got all that stuff for his and he was thinking of selling it now.

Nah not the same one.

The pinnie was just bought in from Canada.

The previous owner told me he got really pissed one night & then went on ebay. Bad move, he woke in the morning to find he had bought a new playfield & glass from IPB.:lol

Guest Burra749

update

Ok Ive finished stripping the cab to the bare shell.

I will start on prepping it for the respray by getting into the sanding today.

I have received all of the circuit Boards back from being overhauled.

Someone in there excitement & haste had plugged it straight into 240 volts, not knowing or realizing it was still set up for USA standard 110 Volts.

The end result was a molten transformer & every single board had fried components.I didn't know whether to:lol or :cry

Oh well, no permanent damage done & all fixed now.

You can see the burn marks in the backbox from it melting, lucky not to catch on fire, in the picture.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=502

Perhaps this was why the previous owner was keen to sell.;)

Anyway got it for a good price, so no complaints.

Ive ordered my side art stencil kit from pinball pal, I couldn't be bothered making one this time around since they are readily available & cheap enough.:D

Guest Burra749
Ouch!

What are you doing for a new transformer?. I'm pretty sure KISS, Space Invaders and Future Spa use a slightly different one compared to all the other games.

Yeah luckily I have a very, very good tech just around the corner who only does pinball PCB repairs & he happened to have a spare, but it cost me.:D

Guest Burra749

Ive made some more progress on this over the last week.

I totally sanded back the whole cab, then I repaired any slight dings with auto body filler, sanded it & hit it with a coat of sealer undercoat.

As I want to get the cab as good as I can I decided to give it a light coat of spray putty, more sanding, then another coat of sealer undercoat, more sanding, before giving it the first coat of white.

I have to wait 24hrs before I can sand it yet again, & give it the final coat, so thats todays mission.

The plan then will be to give it at least a week for the paint to harden prior to stencilling the side artwork on. This will also give me time to get stuck into the playfield swap.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=507

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Burra749

I made a start on the playfield swap today.

I started by drilling all the hole required in the pf which had not been done.:rolleyes

I then inserted all of the wire guide rails & T nuts.

Next I rebuilt the flippers by stripping them totally, giving the metal parts a quick buff, then reassembled them using new coils & sleeves, coil stops, plungers & links, EOS switches & flipper bushings.

mini-100_3530.JPG.aba468cf9451d68af944276347ce8aa4.JPG

I then got stuck into the drop target bank. Once again totally stripping them, buffing the metal parts, & rebuilding them using new drop targets & coil.

Before & after

mini-100_3531.JPG.ec47ea731d366f5b58c2481fd9016d71.JPG mini-100_3536.JPG.08fc907c09299ccf86a51d1fa59a7fd1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Burra749

Over the last week I have continued on with the playfield swap.

Ive now moved everything across except for the globe sockets, waiting on new ones to arrive from O/S as all styles are not available here :( & the main harness itself.

mini-100_3588.JPG.ef3477cee0af37ac9b3e2997843858fb.JPG

Ive also had the legs powdercoated in hammer tone.

More pics in the gallery

http://www.aussiearcade.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=547