No announcement yet.

Elvira & The Party Monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The metal guides look nice mate, I'd be happy with that. When they are in the machine and all back together, one will not even notice that they are not 100% perfect. They are 95% perfect champ. Nice work.

Comment

Any further developments Mike [MENTION=9027]mix_vt_cal[/MENTION] ? I know it's been cold and crappy weather but put on the heater and swap that PF over!

Comment

So what’s happening here [MENTION=17822]Glenn70[/MENTION]?

Back into it after dealing with other ‘life stuff’ that gets in the way.......

Dragged out the under playfield loom and assemblies. Cleaning up the wiring and rebuilding stuff.

First assembly done was the BBQ assembly.

Original state.

After a while in the tumbler for the metal parts, and some cleaning

Back together.

And this week, the drop targets.

Original state. Note the state of the Boogie Men targets.

Pulled apart and cleaning up.

Back together - cleaned up circuit board.

And from the front.

I’m really happy with how the original ‘decals ‘ have come up.
        I was going to replace them all with repro decals I sourced, however the originals are all vinyl, and will probably outlast any new decals.

I have also just bought a playfield rotisserie which should make the reassembly easier.

Next task is to complete the rebuilds of assemblies, maybe re-wrap a few coils (or replace a few suss ones) and start the reassembly.

The part that makes me most nervous is drilling the restored playfield.
        I need to drill out the screw holes to ensure the clear isn’t lifted by screwing in from the top.
        Shazz has a Dremel that I might try for this task.
        Happy for any tips that anyone wants to share for this process!

That’s it for now.

Mike.

Comment

Thanks for posting Mike. Really nice work. Many non-pinball people I speak to have absolutely no idea of the time that doing this stuff takes and what's involved. Stick to it and cannot wait to see the finished product. I am moving into my new house in 10 days, so been occupied with packing and all that crap. Thanks again for update and talk soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn70 View Post
            Thanks for posting Mike. Really nice work. Many non-pinball people I speak to have absolutely no idea of the time that doing this stuff takes and what's involved. Stick to it and cannot wait to see the finished product. I am moving into my new house in 10 days, so been occupied with packing and all that crap. Thanks again for update and talk soon.
            There’s room for how many pins in the new house?

Comment

Originally posted by mix_vt_cal View Post
              The part that makes me most nervous is drilling the restored playfield.
              I need to drill out the screw holes to ensure the clear isn’t lifted by screwing in from the top.
              Shazz has a Dremel that I might try for this task.
              Happy for any tips that anyone wants to share for this process!
              Love the progress mate - it's awesome!

I use Brad tipped drill bits to remove the clear from the screw holes before screwing in.

You may also need to remove some of the clear around holes that go all the the way through the playfield (like GI lamp sockets and metal posts) before installing parts again too.
              Eschew the standard. Turn the paradigm upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by mix_vt_cal View Post
                There’s room for how many pins in the new house?
                8 mate. The games room was designed to either fit 4 along each opposite wall or 6 along the back wall. I'm sure many pinheads will agree that 8 is better than 6!

Do you need to store a few?

Either 'space' and/or 'money' are nearly always an issue. In 10 days, I'll have the space but not the money (for a while), as 'she who must be obeyed and earns more than me', wants driveway, front fence, landscaping, etc, etc, all done ASAP..................... not complaining though as all good.

Comment

​​​​​​So,work continues slowly around other life stuff.......

Playfield is going together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBD3EF07-9CA2-46D9-B551-55AE732F9F22.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	2105824

Name:	7A63B78D-315B-4AE6-BBDB-763F98118EB2.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	2105825
                  Original ball trough guide broken. Luckily @rtbb to the rescue!

Name:	241429F1-9BC9-4F84-B8A6-04B262B714F1.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	2105827

A couple of parts I need that seem to be unavailable.
                  if anyone has any leftovers for a previous resto or stripout let me know! Or any leads I can chase up.

i need a couple of the tall red posts as 2 of mine are smashed in half! The tall one on the right is what I’m after.
                  Part number 03-8269-9

i also need a nyliner from the Dancing Boogie men assembly. Machine only came with one.
                  This is part number 20-9624 and is 5/8 inch x .078 inch.
                  i’ve searched pinball part suppliers worldwide, and also tried a few bearing sellers. I guess it could be 3D printed?

Name:	AE047A4C-FA8B-48F9-9633-57606D5ECBA6.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	2105826

Name:	BC899F04-CBDB-46F9-9F53-37E0934E22D5.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	2105829
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X