Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elvira & The Party Monsters

Collapse

Post your SS Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by scotty View Post
    Time to get yours done.
    Hmmm let's see how the scared stiff goes first..

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by gt-ray View Post
      Hmmm let's see how the scared stiff goes first..
      Just in case you need some inspiration!



      - - - Updated - - -

      Originally posted by Railways View Post
      Just a thought Mike but please unwrap them and offer them up to the cab before fitment sooner than later please. I'm pretty sure they are right but!!

      Another tip is when you do install them do not over tighten the earth bolt near the lockdown bar as with this finish it will show a concave. Gentle is better
      OK Jeff, sounds like a job for tomorrow. I held them against the cab while wrapped and seems to be the correct length.

      Mike.

      Comment


        #18
        Attached Files

        Comment


          #19
          Great transformation Glenn [MENTION=17822]Glenn70[/MENTION]. It's always nice to see and hear about your projects.

          Congrats Mike [MENTION=9027]mix_vt_cal[/MENTION]. I'm sure you're very happy with how it's come along and seeing some momentum is always a great motivator.

          Comment


            #20

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Boof Head View Post
              To lift the door and stop it rubbing you’ll need to remove it from the frame. Tap the hinge down with a block of wood as the hinge will have stretched.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yep, try this for sure. What's rubbing? The coin door itself on the frame or the coin door frame when it was interred into the cab? Sometimes the door itself may require some manipulation and bending back of the inside lip with pliers or similar. I've had to do this a number of times.

              - - - Updated - - -

              Originally posted by Coon82 View Post
              Great transformation Glenn [MENTION=17822]Glenn70[/MENTION]. It's always nice to see and hear about your projects.

              Congrats Mike [MENTION=9027]mix_vt_cal[/MENTION]. I'm sure you're very happy with how it's come along and seeing some momentum is always a great motivator.

              Thanks heaps Joe. I enjoyed this one.

              Comment


                #22

                Comment


                  #23
                  Earlier in the week cleaned up the glass and translight.

                  Translight was pretty dirty.



                  Also has some damage in a corner.



                  Cleaned up a bit.



                  Back behind glass. You know - far from good, but looks good from afar.....



                  Comment


                    #24
                    Warm water a soft cloth and some velvet soap will removal all the brown stain on the back of the translite. Give it a try, I've done it on countless translites and they always come up looking white and clean. Wet the cloth in warm water, squeeze it out gently and wipe the surface of the translite to remove any loose dirt and make the surface damp. Rinse the cloth in the water again, squeeze enough water out so that when you run the soap over the surface it makes a light lather on the cloth. Gently run the soap cloth across the surface of the translite and the grime will disappear.
                    Last edited by Pinballer; 19 May 2019, 08:08 AM.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by mix_vt_cal View Post
                      Earlier in the week cleaned up the glass and translight.

                      Translight was pretty dirty.

                      Link

                      Also has some damage in a corner.

                      Link

                      Cleaned up a bit.

                      Link

                      Back behind glass. You know - far from good, but looks good from afar.....

                      Link

                      Link
                      This is what you want:

                      Elvira and the Party Monsters Backglass • Ministry of Pinball

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Pinballer View Post
                        Warm water a soft cloth and some velvet soap will removal all the brown stain on the back of the translite. Give it a try, I've done it on countless translites and they always come up looking white and clean. Wet the cloth in warm water, squeeze it out gently and wipe the surface of the translite to remove any loose dirt and make the surface damp. Rinse the cloth in the water again, squeeze enough water out so that when you run the soap over the surface it makes a light lather on the cloth. Gently run the soap cloth across the surface of the translite and the grime will disappear.
                        I tried just about every other product I have. I stared with Dishwashing liquid and moved up from there. Nothing really worked too well, and I wasn’t prepared to scrub with harsher chemicals.
                        I’ll give your suggestion a go and report back.

                        - - - Updated - - -

                        Originally posted by Boots View Post
                        I have considered the CPR backglasses. They even do a mirrored one which is cool.
                        Trouble is the colours are way off. Especially the skin tones.
                        I would need to see one in person before I decided to pull the trigger.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by mix_vt_cal View Post



                          I have considered the CPR backglasses. They even do a mirrored one which is cool.
                          Trouble is the colours are way off. Especially the skin tones.
                          I would need to see one in person before I decided to pull the trigger.
                          Yep Spot on ! I bought a mirrored one 24 mths ago for a EATPM restore and ended up cleaning and using original BG as the CPR colours were not great.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Really coming along Mike and starting to look beautiful. Now, I believe the PF is the only thing to install? Just remember me when it's turned on for the first time and tweaked. I will then attend for a game or two. Really coming along nicely.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Smithy View Post
                              Yep Spot on ! I bought a mirrored one 24 mths ago for a EATPM restore and ended up cleaning and using original BG as the CPR colours were not great.
                              You guys must have good eyes, i put that backglass up against the old trans and the BG ( to me ) looked a million times better. maybe @gtray can post some comparisons ?
                              "Lost in the Zone"

                              Comment


                                #30
                                A bit more work completed.

                                Light board, displays and globe holders cleaned and put back in.



                                All boards have been wired back in now, except for the playfield looms obviously.
                                Couple of soldering jobs required and now done.

                                Looking like a Pinball machine again!





                                [MENTION=35]markc[/MENTION] had an interesting Facebook post a few weeks back, showing a couple of items he'd dug out of the unopened parts boxes.
                                Well, as they say timing is everything!
                                Probably didn't need these, but NOS Elvira Jumper Bumpers have to be better than rebuilt old ones, right?



                                I've added these to my list of expenses for this pin, and it is getting scary!
                                I think I'll clean up all the plastic posts and see how they turn out. I was going to replace them all, but......

                                I've also been working on the ball guides. Have polished with Autosol, and have tried re-graining with a scotchbrite pad.
                                I think I'm going to need to move up from hand polishing and try a wheel in a a drill or similar.
                                I can't seem to get the guides looking even by hand.





                                That's it for now.

                                PS - Sorry about the pics. Some have come via my phone and some via the PC.

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X