Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Joker Poker Resto

Now that Centigrade is finished i thought i better get started on this project. I picked up Joker Poker 3 years back and absolutely love playing it. It is a great player but has been in storage for almost 2 years.

It is in good condition and doesnt need much done to make it shine. It came with CPR backglass and a fair playfield. There is some wear here and there - the worst being in the left hand outlane. But still looks presentable. Original boards with battery mod in the back still working great.

The plan is to apply pinball pimp stencils before it gets too cold. Coin door has a few dings in it so looking at swapping it out. One of the leg nut plates is cross threaded so will replace. New legs, PDI playfield glass, new posts and plastic rollovers pop bumpers, new target. New flipper buttons and coin plates. Railways siderails. New pascal all in one board. And if i can afford it a cpr playfield.

Kings drop targets dont reset. No fuses protecting the small transformer. I read fuses should be installed on the primary and secondary side. No coin mechs. Everything else is working great. Really want the pascal board for reliability and new features.a7fecf8df6e2e022c0662ffcaa917b7e.jpg27f5033066edba083ed4ab84dc9f7e93.jpg8c13e7b9b257217780499e79d437bb6c.jpg04a3a5c2df54a42f4e601b385f8bd0ff.jpg0e268f298c6195f077cd9da2110b73b0.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

What is the best way to remove the backglass on this thing? Should i just unscrew the holders and tilt it out? Is there a trick to it?

I think I removed the whole door frame from the game and laid it down to remove the holders, then put my hand underneath to lift the glass out.

Looks like a really nice original game. Keep in mind they are only original once. Pretty sure you could pick up a junker that deserves your efforts if this ones pretty nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what you mean. The cabinet needs a fix up and someone has done a home job of the repairs already. I know some people like to keep everything original but i respectfully prefer to have it looking/playing like new. The cabinet red has faded to an orange and i want it to be red like on a pack of cards.

Im too young to have ever played this new or near new. I dont want to ruin its originality and you are right i guess it isnt in poor condition. I guess its not too late to do a cabinet swap over.

Yeah me too. Oldest new game I ever seen was medieval madness when it came out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. I am still chasing El Dorado but i havent seen one for sale for awhile.

You probably remember mine lol.. that as yet I still can't let go but will keep you in mind if the day comes :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Edited by goodolddays

The old Gotlieb’s are just such great machines I’d rather have a row of classic Gotlieb’s than a new Stern, I’ve got a Stern and had numerous 90s DMD machines but I always seem to gravitate towards the EMs they are just so much fun to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats a stunner! Have you still got it? That coin door is a mirror!

No mate I wish, but have bought and sold and bought and sold. Wish I could keep them all but not enough funds and certainly not enough room.

It was restored by Herb at Fab Fantasies. Back when the dollar was parity and prices weren’t so high. Yes with the right buffer the coin doors come up fantastic.

Was a very good player too. Only thing was it had one of the inkjet printed backglass not a silk screened.

It was a bummer as I found a nos backglass AFTER I’d sold the game. Bugger :cry

Whilst the EM version is more collectable I like the SS for the extra features like 5X bonus

Good luck with the resto mate I’m sure you will do a great job and it is so rewarding when you do them yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice a little bit jealous actually

It really was a stunner Rob and was very cheap at the time. Total inside and out resto which I had to talk him into as he is a full on EM guy.

Herb talked me into a 2 for 1 shipping deal which was too good to pass up and the other game was Royal Flush.

Started pulling cabinet to bits today. Labelled where stuff goes and bagged everything.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/a662cf2b565dbbe0216870bc3b66c733.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/991660e8635ac962c5599ef7f0303673.jpg

Boy your really getting the hang of this restoration stuff aren’t you lol you’ve been keeping yourself busy lately with one after another, what’s next ? I know as soon as you stop you end up getting the bug to do another after awhile.

But seriously good work [emoji106]

Boy your really getting the hang of this restoration stuff aren’t you lol you’ve been keeping yourself busy lately with one after another, what’s next ? I know as soon as you stop you end up getting the bug to do another after awhile.

But seriously good work [emoji106]

Haha thanks Rob. Not trying to rush things I just want to get the cabinet painted before the cold Adelaide winter kicks in!