Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams Black Knight Restoration

Collapse

Post your SS Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mam oh man, you are moving fast. I should give you my Amazing Spiderman to do, I have hardly even looked at it yet!!!!

Comment

Hehe.. I can't help myself. But the playfield is a mess.. I suspect there is going to be a huge wait and cost involved if [MENTION=40]Savage[/MENTION] can do anything with it.

Comment

Originally posted by cejay View Post
        Hehe.. I can't help myself. But the playfield is a mess.. I suspect there is going to be a huge wait and cost involved if [MENTION=40]Savage[/MENTION] can do anything with it.
        Yep, I have touched base with Savage about my playfield too. I imagine yours will be up and back before I even get mine stripped.
        On a serious note, I hope to pick your brain at some point. I have never restored a pin before

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
          Yep, I have touched base with Savage about my playfield too. I imagine yours will be up and back before I even get mine stripped.
          On a serious note, I hope to pick your brain at some point. I have never restored a pin before
          I'm not really sure I'm the best person to be asking lol! I'm such an amateur. Luckily these old games there's less complications (hopefully) than the later games, so theoretically easier to troubleshoot.

So far it's just a matter of label everything.. bag and tag assemblies where you can... and just take photo after photo as you disassemble anything. Even then I can see myself running into problems when I go to reassemble everything again.. I have a shocking memory.

Comment

Replacement caps arrived today for the power supply.

Passed on the backbox to a local cabinet maker to get a new one made up.

Got in touch with Scott from Savage Restorations. Aiming to send him the playfields in the next few weeks. Cost to do a full playfield restore looking at over a grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

You will at times - that is the nature of the beast. When it is all done, there is that amazing sense of accomplishment. Also, you are saving a piece of history, and a good one at that!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

your doubts will be forgotten once you get the playfields back from [MENTION=40]Savage[/MENTION]

Comment

I love Black Knight. This thread is one of my favorites, and Im an Arcade Guy.....
                      Keep up the good work.....

Comment

Originally posted by cejay View Post
                        im a big fan of restoring originals also, i imagine costs would be about the same for restore vs new ? Are new playfields available for BK ?
                        "Lost in the Zone"

Comment

Comment

Williams Black Knight Restoration

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                            im a big fan of restoring originals also, i imagine costs would be about the same for restore vs new ? Are new playfields available for BK ?

Comment

Cpr did a run with starburst inserts

New Black Knight Playfield has arrived! - Aussie Arcade

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
                              The Duke of Doonside

Comment

Theres a post on here from mid last year saying cpr are going to upgrade access to their old back catalogue ?
                                you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X