No announcement yet.

Head to Head Battle Pinny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use super glue gel when resetting inserts - no problems so far.

Comment

• Now that's what I call a Speaker !

Now thats what I call a Speaker ! I have been cutting all the holes in the cabinet today to fit stuff. The hole is cut for the speaker, according to [MENTION=11194]kress[/MENTION], this is just the right size speaker to use ! and i trust his advise
      Its also a bonus when the lamp holes you've cut in the playfield actually match the holders ! So far so good, everything fits as is is suppose too. All those hours spent on the design are paying off, due to no re-works required to everything....so far....
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5156.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	1814868Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5152.jpg
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1814869

Comment

• Good to see the design effort is paying off and things working as expected - have you been following the pinside thread on the guys building a Minions pin - seems their first design idea is to get the drill out and hack away, but it seems to be working for them. I'm all for anyone having a go anyway they choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fire_Power View Post
          Good to see the design effort is paying off and things working as expected - have you been following the pinside thread on the guys building a Minions pin - seems their first design idea is to get the drill out and hack away, but it seems to be working for them. I'm all for anyone having a go anyway they choose.
          Yes I have been following that on pinside. Yes there is a lot to be said for hack, drill, saw and weld ! I pulled apart my test playfields today, so the pic will show where I started , even though it looked ok on autoCAD the real world didnt agreed, so I moved, sawed and hacked the prototype playfield, then transferred the results back into the autoCAD design. Home brew projects are great because everyone does the best they can with what they have. This also gives rise to great innovations...just look at bigtrev's and kress's projects.
          I like the way that they have made Gru's house the header box. Also it is a great way to have fun with your mates and drink beer as you make it !

I'm also very lucky that my friends and fellow pinball junkies, have NC and Laser Cutter machines ! If I had to pay for this it would cost $$$$

Oh I had better go buy some super glue gel and see how it works !

Name:	IMG_5157.jpg
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	1814876

Comment

• Originally posted by thegrunta666 View Post
            Now thats what I call a Speaker ! I have been cutting all the holes in the cabinet today to fit stuff. The hole is cut for the speaker, according to [MENTION=11194]kress[/MENTION], this is just the right size speaker to use ! and i trust his advise
            Its also a bonus when the lamp holes you've cut in the playfield actually match the holders ! So far so good, everything fits as is is suppose too. All those hours spent on the design are paying off, due to no re-works required to everything....so far....
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]96406[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]96407[/ATTACH]
            Looking at it.... It does seem light on, maybe 2 x 10" long throw 300watters with a 1 kilowatt amp.
            fOr No rAIsOn

Comment

• Originally posted by kress View Post
              Looking at it.... It does seem light on, maybe 2 x 10" long throw 300watters with a 1 kilowatt amp.
              Your only happy if the shear air pressure of mega decibels is flapping your pant leg ! And that's fine by me Do they make 3 Phase amps?

Comment

• Gotta Love a Laser ! I had to get some perspex cut for the ball guides on the battle Pinny. None of this score and snap method anymore, these guys cranked up the "LASER BEAM".
                https://youtu.be/LHvgqwUJJ8w

Comment

• Gotta Luv a rotisserie I assembled the playfield today, this will then go to my artwork guy, so he can get an idea what it looks like in the flesh. I just need t change the plastics slightly. So far so good.....Oh apparently the kitchen table isn't a work bench ! But that is only my other half's opinion, so I choose to ignore it at this time, to my own peril

Name:	IMG_5206.JPG
Size:	495.1 KB
ID:	1814968Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5205.JPG
Size:	450.5 KB
ID:	1814969Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5204.jpg
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	1814970Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5203.jpg
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	1814971

Comment

• Ah progress. What a wonderful thing to see and so fast too.

Comment

• Well all need a new ball trough right? So I had to route a ball trough guide in the playfields today. I bought a special router bit to suit, basically a half moon with a 25mm diameter.
                      Then I had to make a custom routing jig so that I could get the trough to taper into the playfield. After a bit of mucking around, and a piece of test wood being flung around by the router, I had success. I have 4 playfields to do. Luckily all went well, and no destruction occurred. For such a simple thing, its fair bit of mucking around !,now to prep them for the artwork.

Name:	IMG_5231.jpg
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	1815103

Comment

• It's Cabinet Artwork time ! So we have now fitted the artwork to the cabinet. And yes you may know where the inspiration has come from......I'm no Saint, but I might still have a HALO My argument is that most pinball's are theme based....and so is mine.....might I say the pictures dont do justice to the actual thing ! Remember the theme of the battle pinny is Red Vs Blue

Name:	IMG_5321.jpg
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	1815238Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5320.JPG
Size:	443.6 KB
ID:	1815239

Comment

• [QUOTE=thegrunta666;1021221]It's Cabinet Artwork time ! So we have now fitted the artwork to the cabinet. And yes you may know where the inspiration has come from......I'm no Saint, but I might still have a HALO My argument is that most pinball's are theme based....and so is mine.....might I say the pictures dont do justice to the actual thing ! Remember the theme of the battle pinny is Red Vs Blue

Name:	IMG_5321.jpg
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	1815238

Awesome !

Didn't realise it was a MotoX theme...

Comment

• Any chance of some pics of the jig please?

Comment

• Originally posted by loki4101 View Post
                              Any chance of some pics of the jig please?
                              Which Jig? This thing is a one off, so all parts are being custom made. But more than happy to post some pics for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by thegrunta666 View Post
                                So I had to route a ball trough guide in the playfields today. I bought a special router bit to suit, basically a half moon with a 25mm diameter.
                                Then I had to make a custom routing jig so that I could get the trough to taper into the playfield.
                                that one

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X