Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Homebrew Started (Get Smart )

Hi All

Its time for the next project ! I was not going to post anything until I got the mech working. Without i, there was no point making this Themed Pinny ! Big thanks to @OzBlackKnight @ @swinks for helping out with the metal work and 3D printed parts.There a 100+ hours in this design and a couple of other parts so far :o

So have a look at the video and have a guess of what the pinny's Theme will be based on ( those who already know, say nothing ! )

I think this gonna be a 2 to 3 year project !

[video=youtube_share;-kp1RrmykFY]

• Like 20

Would you believe ! @pinthing It is indeed the "Cone Of Silence" ! This is the prototype Cone. the final will be made out of a clear 3D Plastic print that will look close to a glass finish.

I (and others ) think that Get Smart is a great theme for a Pin, especially now you can play videos !

So I shall keep designing bits and pieces to go on the playfield , get a whiteboard up to check the flow, then artwork and electronics from there.

Oh here is the prototype of the KAOS Ramp, even Siegfried would like this !Siegfried.jpg.5e23961c2d87d7f0dc2619a6e60ce084.jpg

1286821369_getsmart.JPG.3ab1a9355c1644bb1a81a677665ba3b9.JPG

image_147475.jpg.b25ed09c6e084e3bc48ae232a2a45b43.jpg

2088744722_kaosramp1.thumb.JPG.ce4de41831412f5fe813e136aceea6ce.JPG

• Like 9

Nice mec it's very clever I give it 99 out of 100.

What are you using to control it.

At this stage I short alligator clips onto some wires :D I will probably make a little dedicated picaxe controller 28M2 Chip. The cone has 3 positions 1/ Park Where it sits about 10mm above the balls when the are in the capture positions 2/ Fully Lowered ,magnet on 3/ Fully Up. magnet release. Also inputs and outputs to PRoc

• Like 1

"I think this gonna be a 2 to 3 year project !" - I admire your optimism. :laugh:

One part at a time, one problem solved at a time. Never look at the complete list of to dos in the project at once and don't put any time lines on anything. You get stuck on one part move on to something else and don't allow yourself to get bogged down. You'll be surprised how often an answer comes to a bogged down problem when you have moved on from it.

These are my policies with our farm and the farm is the by far the largest of all the projects I have ever started.

• Like 3

"I think this gonna be a 2 to 3 year project !" - I admire your optimism. :laugh:

The Kaos ramp looks great when lit like that. How did you achieve the "fire" effect?

The impressive "fire effect" was the moderate failure of my iPhone to take the picture to match the real world, but looked cool.... may have to actually come up with a real world addressable LED solution to achieve it :D

• Like 3

The impressive "fire effect" was the moderate failure of my iPhone to take the picture to match the real world, but looked cool.... may have to actually come up with a real world addressable LED solution to achieve it :D

One of Comet pinball's fire LED's will do the trick

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Love the mech Grant and can't wait to see more as the pin comes together - 2-3 years??? Comm'on we want to see it a Pinfest this year :lol

It'd be nice to think that there will be a Pinfest this year..

Looks good Mr Grunt. Sounds like a great theme. I look forward to seeing this progress.

• Like 1

It'd be nice to think that there will be a Pinfest this year..

Yep a lot has changed in 6 weeks.

Such an unknown as to where we’ll be in Sept and how long it’ll take people to return to their normal way of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

This will be an epic themed machine, I really look forward to seeing the build log - can’t wait for the shoe phone to make an appearance!

I assume you’re basing the theme on the TV show & not the 2008 movie? Though I’d be happy with either

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Ok @thegrunta666 must be about time for another update - surely you haven’t been spending all your time on a couple of katana swords?? 😂

Its ticking along in the background, just made up my motor driver boards in the shed, you and @OzBlackKnight should enjoy this video.....I shall be getting more bits shortly to start constructing all sorts of things ! ( PS ,Its bloody cold in the shed....)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1