Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Centigrade 37

Finally moved back from Brisbane to Adelaide and unpacked. Now it's time to start the restoration on this old pin. Im not very experienced in these things and welcome information and advice from all.

Still havent got NBN set up but thought id put a few posts up here. The machine is in average condition but its all here and is playable.

Its getting a cabinet redo with pinball pimp stencils, new siderails from Railways (arrived very well packed last week) a new backglass (probably 6 months away), new legs, new shooter rod assembly, custom top apron decal, new playfield plastics, a custom made thermometer ribbon (thanks rabbits for your advice) plastics, posts etc. Hopefully, if im not too late to the party, I will have a repro playfield too. 822121de5107fe0d772ad068495de390.jpg5886d4be9426ef944479126b87025c11.jpg076f71face511da106b719e079ce3717.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking forward to updates but from these photos your original playfield loos pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same, looks pretty clean under it also, I guess some closeup Photos may say other wise though?

Edit: posted before seeing that about inserts.

cut cirles out of mylar to build the inserts up then wax it and play it. dont spend any money it in until you've played it a while

Does casting epoxy poured on top of inserts work for something like that Doug?

Have played a few games and found:

Knocker not firing - fixed.

Replay unit not working at all.

Thermometer not advancing at all.

FS relay not working - I think this is the little stepper bugger that alternates bagatelle lights and does a whole bunch of other things.

Score reel hundreds unit needs cleaning and adjustment.

Chimes not firing - fixed

Tilt assembly in pieces - fixed

The smallest chime coil fires when the other 2 fire. Not sure what this could be.

Starting with the cabinet and then looking at these problems down the track.

Does casting epoxy poured on top of inserts work for something like that Doug?

not sure. I reckon it might if you were skilled with it. probably have to take it out and fill it then sand the surface flat again i suppose. Im not good enough with it to make it not look crap and at that amnt of work you have to wonder if a new insert is a better plan anyway? some ones bound to chime in and say "tip 2 pack in" .. but thats a long windy road too.

I have filled inserts with acrylic clear from a spray can (semi gloss )and sanded flat then polished they come up a treat. Can take quite a few layers before they fill. Then wet sand carefully.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

the backglass quality is awesome, just the leds don't look right. have tried them before behind their glasses and it looks terrible, especially in the dark.
I tried a few different leds on JP and wasnt happy with the result. But I found some on ebay that where not overly bright and they worked a treat. But that was a CPR backglass so maybe they are different. Will keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up.

I tried a few different leds on JP and wasnt happy with the result. But I found some on ebay that where not overly bright and they worked a treat. But that was a CPR backglass so maybe they are different. Will keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up.

I've used these is EMs and they look pretty similar to a #47

http://www.elitepinball.com/Pinball-Led-Australia/Bayonet%20pinball%20%20LEDs%20Australia?product_id=54

Warm white for the most part but occasionally colour matching an insert, particularly some reds as they tend to have faded out to a pinkish tone.