Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotlieb Funland

Collapse

Post your EM Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kimbleseven View Post
    Good stuff Rob. been waiting for an update on this one! 3 ball has different rules I think. In 5 ball it will solve the problem of 9 and 10 spotting etc. Ask someone else with the same machine to test it on 3 ball. I think the reason some numbers aren't appearing lit up is probably got to do with the ball stepper in the backbox. Sometimes I find the contacts aren't touching properly or the stepper is out of adjustment a bit. Try putting some pressure on the stepper bit that turns while on ball 4. Sometimes you can loosen 3 screws and slightly adjust the position.
    The free play issue is beyond me. Just try to enjoy the game. I prefer 5 ball over 3.

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk
    You were spot on Jesse I didn’t think about that back in 5 ball setting and it doesn’t spot the other lanes anymore, they must change the rules for 3 ball to make the game a bit more achievable so that’s one more issue out of the way.
    However the 4, 5 ball not displaying issues are back lol, but I’m sure I’ll get to the bottom of it eventually.
    Oh and the new playfield glass I had cut that was sitting around for ages ready to be fitted I tried to slide it in for the first time today, and I realised that he cut it out of 6mm instead of 5mm making it super tight I can only get it part way in so that was a waste, went back there today and he’s going to cut me another one in 5mm this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1966 View Post

You were spot on Jesse I didn’t think about that back in 5 ball setting and it doesn’t spot the other lanes anymore, they must change the rules for 3 ball to make the game a bit more achievable so that’s one more issue out of the way.
      However the 4, 5 ball not displaying issues are back lol, but I’m sure I’ll get to the bottom of it eventually.
      Oh and the new playfield glass I had cut that was sitting around for ages ready to be fitted I tried to slide it in for the first time today, and I realised that he cut it out of 6mm instead of 5mm making it super tight I can only get it part way in so that was a waste, went back there today and he’s going to cut me another one in 5mm this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I'm with Jesse re not displaying ball 4 and 5. Earth to ball display lights is via the ball count stepper unit so the issue will most likely be there. Only other possibilities would be the light sockets or globes themselves or a break in the earth between the globe socket and the corresponding wire terminating on the ball count unit. Could simply be a dry solder joint somewhere too. Good to hear you are able to play this game now after all your patientence and persistence Rob

Comment

Take two new sheet of toughened glass arrived this week this time in the correct 5mm
        And I think it looks great installed on the machine.
        As far as everything goes the old girl is about 98% working just those few little niggles that I have to work through, but in the meantime it’s time to put her in the lineup and start enjoying it.
        I was looking at the original pics of when I first picked up the game and boy it’s come a long way but I’m really happy with the end results.

Comment

Wow that has come up really nice.
          This is where it ends!

Comment

Awesome result. High end restoration there!

Comment

Wow awesome job!! Nothing quite like the rewarding satisfaction of looking at what you've achieved - congrats!!

Comment

That’s come up so well. Fantastic effort

Comment

Well done, looks great.

Comment

Wow.. hard to believe its the same machine. Great looking resto

Comment

Had a lot of fun and headaches doing this one up but all in all I’m really happy with the end result
                      Might be time to look for an new headache, I mean project lol

Comment

Well done! Great restoration!

Comment

What are you thinking for your next resto Rob? 60s or Late 70s EM or maybe even an SS?

Comment

What are you thinking for your next resto Rob? 60s or Late 70s EM or maybe even an SS?
                            I think I’ll stick with the EM’s 60s or 70s mate that era just do something for me
                            It’s just a matter of finding the right machine now 🙂

Comment

And getting permission from the lady boss woman yeah? I just sneak another pinny in when she is not here...

Comment

And getting permission from the lady boss woman yeah? I just sneak another pinny in when she is not here...
                                Sneak another one in and hope she doesn’t notice 😊

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X