No announcement yet.

Gotlieb Funland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a bit of progress today and got the machine to award credits during game play, now if you get special or a high score you are awarded a credit.
    Problem ended up being a switch on the credit unit that looked like it was closed but wasn’t quite making that closed contact.
    Still can’t get it to start by hitting the door replay button yet which is fustrating the shit out of me but keep trying I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

• Ok I’ve got to say this machine is officially starting to really piss me off, it’s one step forward three steps back.
      Tried playing around with a few things that might be causing the machine to not fire up with the replay button on the door, so made sure the credit stepper and the ball count unit zero position switches were closed along with the anti cheat switch on the door just behind the replay button also cleaned them, and just before I did this I played a game by manually activating the start relay and it played fine, so after I did the above mentioned tried starting the machine using the replay button and nothing again.
      So I started the machine by manually activating the start relay again and the machine fired up and spat a ball into the shooter lane, only now the playfield is lit up but the playfield and flippers are dead nothing is working on the playfield but I don’t know what has now caused this to happen, like I said one step forward two steps back.
      I’m starting to get nervous about touching anything else now and I think this machine has me beat and I’m ready to give up on it I hate to say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• have you cleaned the hold relay contacts? (with power off)
        looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

• I have felt like throwing the bloody machines in the river before. I just make a list of things in the circuit diagram and start testing and playing with things. Sometimes it takes days. Have you tried using a multimeter to test things?

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm happy to help again mate, I reckon we'd work through the issues with the help of a muiltimeter and the schematic.

Comment

• Ah EM'S don't you love em, keep percevering, you will solve it. 😉
              http://pinballaustralia.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinballer View Post
                I'm happy to help again mate, I reckon we'd work through the issues with the help of a muiltimeter and the schematic.
                Hey Stu I think I’ll take you up on your offer this time lol
                Since the above happened earlier today I had another play around and I have the Playfield up and running again and the machine is actually playing a game quite well , minus a few tweaks that need to be done to get it to run smoother however, it still has me beat with the start up as I still have to start a game by bypassing the replay button.

Comment

• Does it have any credits up

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Plong View Post
                    Does it have any credits up

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
                    Yep credits up and it deducts a credit when you activate it with the start relay

Comment

• Originally posted by kimbleseven View Post
                      I have felt like throwing the bloody machines in the river before. I just make a list of things in the circuit diagram and start testing and playing with things. Sometimes it takes days. Have you tried using a multimeter to test things?

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk
                      Yeah been using the multi meter

Comment

• Originally posted by illawarra_steelers View Post
                        have you cleaned the hold relay contacts? (with power off)
                        Have cleaned most of the contacts but will go over them again

Comment

• Just an update hold relay contacts cleaned and it seems to be working ok even though it does look like the heat has gotten to it over the years the label is completely burnt off but like I said it doesn’t seem to be affecting its operation.
                          Still can’t get it to start using the replay button and can’t get it to add credits via the coin mechs either (power issue to the door mabye?).
                          However when you bypass the credit button and play the game all the features look like they are working and I gotta say it’s a really fun game to play, it’s going to be a great addition to the line up once all the problems are sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X