Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTB Centigrade 37 Coming

Hello all,

I have just purchased a Gottlieb Centigrade 37 Pinball.
    A bit above the normal going price for one of these but I really liked playing it in the 70's and the chance come around at a good time for me, these things really are what your willing to pay for them I suppose. Its in reasonable condition and site unseen and I am going to restore this one. I have been told its missing parts like the front door but I am working on it. Highly likely its not going either, well I hope it isn't because I like bringing EM's back from the dead.

I'll post some pics and progress reports as the project moves along. I am already gathering parts from the usual suspects like Pinball Rescue for the plastics, Marcos for the manual and diagrams first up front and as needed along the way. Any more parts I need I will try and source locally first otherwise Steve Young, Mr Pinball classifieds and probably eBay here I come.
    The cabinet is good nick and graphics faded (wow that's a surprise) and I want to try and restore this also.

I didn't realize how many were made, only 1600 which makes it a little on the rare side but I have seen a played a few many of them years back, I hope it is still just as fun now as it was then. We'll see.

Any other members own one of these Gems?

Regards
    Cliff.

Great old game. Used to play at Luna Park a long long time ago.

Sent from somewhere in the void!
    PINBALL gotta love it

"There's no such thing as too much bling"

Comment

It's a top game and should have been my first pin but I ummed and arrred over the $400 price tag (yes shoot me now)
      "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

cliff, excellent choice and excellent game.

finished a restore and rebuild on a nice one here last october..so if you need any info or photos ask away
        looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

A Beautiful looking game. I have one on my wish list.

Comment

just got one 2 weeks ago myself paid 900

Comment

Originally posted by Rawdon View Post
              just got one 2 weeks ago myself paid 900
              Nice pick up! What condition is it in?
              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

It was the one in Queanbeyan on Ebay not as good as the photos showed but it is complete front door will need replacing, it will clean up ok, everything is available might even get another backglass from BGResto.

Comment

I agree, Awesome game and the coin door is missing on this one and its surround.

The power switch was broken so I wired past that for now, got GI but no start up, or rather got one sort of startup but and no more reset action since.
                  Several broken wires off lugs and contacts bent out of their armatures. It's rather corroded so I am going to go over most of the relay contacts before this fires up.

Rawdon, can you tell me if BGResto is located here in Aus or overseas? Their web site doesn't really say where they are located but going off the pics they do very great work.

Comment

bgresto is os
                    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

It was the one in Queanbeyan on Ebay not as good as the photos showed but it is complete front door will need replacing, it will clean up ok, everything is available might even get another backglass from BGResto.
                      I bid on this at the last minute, was watching it all week.I had an issue with my phone and I couldn't confirm the bid.I usually bid on my home pc but was out at the time.I wondered if I would have won the thing, I had bid $100 more than the winning bid.
                      Good pick up anyway, looked like it will be nice machine with a tidy up.

Comment

Yeah it is not as good in the flesh as described but will come up nice just more time and $$$$ use sniper on ebay to avoid disappointment learnt that a while ago.
                        Regards Rawdon

Comment

GTB Centigrade 37 Coming

Yeah it is not as good in the flesh as described but will come up nice just more time and $$$$ use sniper on ebay to avoid disappointment learnt that a while ago.
                          Regards Rawdon
                          Ha! they all need more dollars lol. Why do we do it to ourselves.

PINBALL gotta love it

"There's no such thing as too much bling"

Comment

Originally posted by joker poker View Post
                            Ha! they all need more dollars lol. Why do we do it to ourselves.

Oooh A never truer comment has ever been made - such is the world of keeping these beautiful beasts alive.
                            http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Originally posted by EM Addict View Post
                              I had an issue with my phone and I couldn't confirm the bid

maaate your phone can't even send sms
                              looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X