Royal Flush 1976 Gottlieb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Flush 1976 Gottlieb

Picked this up today from Edy. I once owned the 2 player version Card Whiz, and allways missed it. This one is very much a project machine, hasnt worked for decades maybe, and somewhat neglected somewhere in France (container pin, bought in a few years ago). Looks to be complete, be it rusty in places, and alot of what's plastic on the playfield has been smashed. The PF is excellent, well hopefully still so after the mylar comes off. Quite alot of work in it for me, but its one of the best players of its era, so well worth my time and money to fix. The BG is okish, good enough for me anyway. Thinking about using 90's posts, and spraying some of the crome bits (rusty) with colored paint, then clear them. PBR sell everything I need for this one, but I dunno, maybe a bit of moderisation wont look bad at all. How would a purple apron look, with a red lockdown bar?

Pics:

Yes, like this very much

Second best Gottlieb pin of all time...really looking forward to watching you restore this Greg.

She looks heaps better than how you described it!

Yes, really like your ideas of going away from the factory output
    looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

That should come up a treat. My Card Whiz is slowly coming together but I am up to the playfield stage and someone has removed the mylar and damaged the paint near the targets. Not sure how I am going to fix that but will see. Good luck with your resto.
      This is where it ends!

Comment

Probably how mine looked before the resto. Good playfield so a bonus.
        PINBALL gotta love it

"There's no such thing as too much bling"

Comment

Hey Greg, PM me your mailing address and I'll send up 3x buttons for the flippers and credit unit
          looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

Looks like a nice machine Greg. Will be good to see how this progresses. Looking forward to the restore.

Comment

Best of luck Greg it looks like a good solid base to start a project with :-)

Comment

Looks pretty good to start with. Will be interesting to see the reno progress, particularly the mylar removal. Looks like it's torn down near the eject hole and a few sunk inserts so has to be done I guess.
                From what you can see of the mylar around the edges it looks like it is pretty thick and has shrunk over time, so hopefully it comes off cleanly.
                I'll watch keenly as I have a Card Whiz that needs a lot of work.

Comment

Looks like a great starting point Greg . That door is in heaps better nick than the 2 Gottliebs I have .
                  Will watch your progress with interest .

Comment

Mylar removal done, and dusted Heated the mylar with the hair-dryer, whilst the missus pulled gently (lol), and stopped every few inches to clean the glue away with euclyptus oil. Removed no paint at all, but discovered some loss where the mylar had worn through in places. Very happy with the results, and would definately remove mylar again (2nd time lucky Jeff ). Will look great after a polish with novus, just have to pop up the insert between the flippers first, the rest are flat .The top third of the PF was never mylared, so it will get the magic eraser treatment.

Pics:

the top section will need magic erasering

Comment

That mylar protected the original paint very well!give it a few squirts of wax ,& it will come up great!..

Comment

Nice work on the removal of the mylar Greg, them colors look nice under that. remind me about the flipper bats.

Pity it wasnt all the way up like Spirit. Next sunny day I might attack it.
                        The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

Great job on the mylar removal Greg ( and Mrs. Greg too ) . This pin should come up a treat when finished . Look forward to having a game when it's done .

Comment

One of my favourite EM machines. I have recently restored a 'Card Whiz' , all completed however the backglass is in poor condition. In your case the Shay Group have made a reproduction for your title. I did ask them about a reproduction 'Card Whiz' and was told they had no intentions of making one. I am planning on redrawing a reproduction myself, however this will take alot work and time. From the pictures of your machine, it looks to be in fairly good condition and will come up a treat. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Below is a link which outlines my recent restore.

http://www.oldpinballs.com/card%20whix%20restore.html
                            http://www.oldpinballs.com/

Comment

Must be a relief (nb. tenuous link to wife joke ) to have finished the mylar removal.

Looks like it will come up really nicely, thanks for the pics, keep 'em coming.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X