Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bally Bazaar 1966

well now you mention it... both :D

Just a quick history of the Bazaar.

Bazaar was the last machine to use zipper flippers. I love playing this machine as it is very fast for a 60' EM - Probably because 50v coils were used.

Bought machine about a year ago off ebay & drove to Newcastle to pickup from Slevbro. Repaired all mechanical faults, Repaired and repainted cab and backbox (Used a paint roller) Repainted Coin door and replaced all light sockets, bulbs & pop bumpers, Apron was redone with waterslide decals,the original apron cards were redone using photoshop, managed to get a excellant playfield later in the year (Thanks Stu)

This was my first resto, the second being a Jumping Jack which I have recently sold.

I am presently restoring a 63 Gottlieb Sweet Hearts.

More picts

3b.thumb.jpg.7f4d1460a3231e8e88a8837f22e78f41.jpg

4b.thumb.jpg.a4c197f73eb764eef36f4bbbc01c6cf7.jpg

Edited by Fair Dinkum Dan
Removed Auto Merged Double Post.

• Super Moderator

Cheers Kev!

You do great work and you should be very proud of it. I plan on playing it this year if I can make it down to Tony's meet. Hope to see what you do with that sweet hearts as well. Its really great to see the EM resto section starting to fill up with some of the great work that local collectors put into these old beauties :)

• 4 weeks later...

I must admit when I saw the first post I though "wow, that's really nice". Then I saw the before shots and I said "HOLY SHEEP BALLS, it started like THAT!!" :o

Looks like a massive job but well worth it. I really admire your hard work. Well done.

What's the easiest way to repaint the artwork?

Depending on your budget,probably the quickest and easiest way is Stencils and spraying.

As I was on a tight budget, I traced all art and applied using waterbased enamel applied by a roller. This was my first machine i had done, then i did a Jumping Jack which I think turned out even better. The hardest part is if the artwork has a lot of curves, straight line art is a lot easier and less time consuming. I am presently doing my sweethearts which is mostly straight art.