Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Jack in the Box Rubber

I am new to pinball and recently bought a Gottlieb Jack in the Box table that had been in a friends basement for years. It’s not a collector’s piece, but it’s a good playable table that needs some TLC. I’m trying to replace all of the rubber. The ring that goes behind the drop targets is a really large piece, but every replacement kit I can find includes two 4.5� rings. I’ve tried to find reference photos but no luck. You can see the (very) old ring and the two new ones in the pic. Anyone have an idea?

f328db586035a5a493024e07c5f99cf4.thumb.jpg.80ee25d276591e652e046e5919ec1d75.jpg

just because its on there doesnt mean its right.

4.5 is probably right..both go on the same posts. that other thing isnt something you will find

Well I found these pics. It seems to show the playfield in two different version. One has two separate bands and the other has just one. I’m looking at my machine and it looks like the one band setup. I may be totally wrong though.

52e6e61b93cc2c1b2c40434690967445.jpg.c50afd2b4a28db3629093799724ee1e3.jpg

84b03e892618ff4397b9e4c52c58fb8a.jpg.ef981aaac8ebbd0d13f18ea267e5f7ac.jpg

The manual has the ring set as follows:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":2201480}[/ATTACH]

For the rings behind the targets it's size F, which is A-10226 which translates to 4.5 inches.

Ok great. So I’ll overlap them on the center post.

gah. what overlap in the center? again they go all the way across the front posts behind the targets.. use two, one in the grooves and one below it

Still laughing at your response.

@Imtheaaron

4 rubbers. Two big ones make the triangles each side leaving the center two posts, one behind the other in the middle. Small rubber around each of these two center posts

Still laughing at your response.

@Imtheaaron

4 rubbers. Two big ones make the triangles each side leaving the center two posts, one behind the other in the middle. Small rubber around each of these two center posts

no .. no triangles. (you can do whatever you like its your game) but the original manual spec is 2 big rubbers STRAIGHT ACROSS THE FRONT. the rest has metal guard wires. the back posts just have rings.

• Like 1

Thanks Doug! Got it all sorted. That long band that came on it just threw me off. I was just surprised at the amount of tension from the 4.5� bands. I’m guessing from the thread you can see my experience...which is zero! Haha. Anyway I’m back to playing. I appreciate the help!