Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoo Hoo... I just bought a rat toilet!

Collapse

Post your EM Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoo Hoo... I just bought a rat toilet!

Just picked up a Williams Space Odyssey. Looks like the inside of the cabinet was used by a rat family as a toilet.
    There is no way any self respecting rat would chose to actually live in there! Phew!
    They gnawed a hole through the back of the cabinet where the power lead comes out, the little buggers. Wonder if there is a Cliffy for that.

Thought I might try my hand at finally getting a dead EM up and running.

Wolfy

Wheres the pics!

Comment

I'm airing it out! I'll put some pics up tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

you will have to do more than air it out (have had a game like this before).

replace the timber floor and the peice that the bottom relays sit on.
        looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

I actually looked at one of these recently. Note the possum above it! Didn't end up getting it though

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_160337.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	2143790 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_160337.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	2143791

Comment

it's williams best multiplayer from the 70s
              looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

Ive got a Stargate that came from Cuba !!!! Even after 14 years it still stinks of cigars when I open the cabinet still better than the stench of rat piss though

Comment

Great game . I bought a dead Space Odyssey a couple of years ago which now plays fine . One day I will restore it . Give me a yell if you need schematic or manual . Look forward to your progress to revive yours

Comment

Few pics from day 1. Bit of a basic clean, strip the playfield, remove the mylar and the ugly woodgrain mylar? stuff in the shooter lane and top arch.
                    You can see the hole where the rats got in at the back. They even gnawed the lead off the plumbob tilt!!
                    Next thing is to remove the glue from the playfield. Any suggestions an product to use?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Moderators. I might have this in the wrong section. Should it be moved to the EM resto section?

Comment

Wow ... I wonder how many wires on the playboard (mech board in bottom of cab) they have chewed through ? Looks like a pretty ugly mess to clean up

Comment

I think it looks much worse than it is. (Fingers crossed). Hopefully it is mostly cleaning and cosmetics down there.
                          I'm going to concentrate on the payfield first, before I tackle the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by goodolddays View Post
                            Great game . I bought a dead Space Odyssey a couple of years ago which now plays fine . One day I will restore it . Give me a yell if you need schematic or manual . Look forward to your progress to revive yours
                            I might take you up on the manual & schematics. I tried to find a downloadable manual, but couldn't find one.

Comment

schematics
                              Link

Manual for mission no schematics Link
                              WANTED

Another Holiday

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X