Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Sea Belles August 1956

received_2381915632056652.jpeg.8b52fb731e6df5a26efba6233388ad0d.jpeg received_399469687339686.jpeg.4ecb93edd3659a0a780a5d46ecf63974.jpeg gottlieb sea belles 1956

so, how many years does it make her?

bill picking up a project in the next few days, a very dirty, neglected old 50s woody.

so good these are still out there, though very rare now.

lets start with the new playfield plastics and the 2 dodgey photos i bought the game off.

plastics from pinball rescue. wouldn't of taken on the game if the plastics were not available.. bglass available from backglass resto.

missing the complete credit unit �

fingers crossed when she arrives. have the missing and hard to find coin return plate.

20200521_190933.thumb.jpg.e6527d1ace8e2cd8248c072299ef9603.jpg

Edited by illawarra_steelers
  • Like 10

Might be able to sort you out with the credit reel I have a 2 player head in storage but not 100% sure what’s left might have the coin return bits aswell 👌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nice, gobble holes and Gottlieb's famous phase.....Amusement Pinballs, as American as Baseball and Hot Dogs!

getting sea belles as a sister for this, have to remember these are near 70 years old.

going to order repro bglasses for score board and sea belles.

doesn't look like much but when you light up the bonus and then get double and it pays off big time.

20200511_175024.thumb.jpg.0ec5608f93a60cdfb2a312a92915447e.jpg

• Like 6

Tell me Tony, how does the ball that goes down a gobble hole get back up to the playfield level? Any chance of a detailed picture of exactly how they did that and what type of mech they used as I presume gobbles were prior to kickout holes and vertical up kickers were about 50 years later in pinball evolution or is this machine a push up type to lift the ball up to the shooter lane and the gobble simply feeds the gobbled ball straight into the lower ball lane the push up pushes the ball up to the shooter lane from.

Also, what is the mech directly infront of the apron for?. Is that where the ball falls from the playfield into the lift up trough?

Sorry about the questions but these era machines are full of mechs that are all before my time and therefore fascinate me. Still to see a horizontal roto target mech...:realmad:

• Like 1

Look at the gap between those small flippers! Wow. Kinda reminds me of Spanish eyes a little bit with the pop bumper. Another beauty where do you find these gems?

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

score board I imported from america, sea belles is from a former collector

• Like 1

I think the artwork on Gottliebs was at its best during the 1950s. Michael Shalhoubs book 1930s-1960s shows some beautiful artwork. I'm guessing these machines were not as player friendly as the 1970s machines I'm used to. I've never played a wood rail before. It's definitely on the bucket list.

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tell me Tony, how does the ball that goes down a gobble hole get back up to the playfield level? Any chance of a detailed picture of exactly how they did that and what type of mech they used

sure, will do for the sea belles, no different to modern games, except pressed metal tunnel ramps rather than plastic

getting sea belles as a sister for this, have to remember these are near 70 years old.

going to order repro bglasses for score board and sea belles.

doesn't look like much but when you light up the bonus and then get double and it pays off big time.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t20200511_175024.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t311.4 KB ID:\t2134305","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2134305","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH]

Old Gottliebs are just so friken beautiful it’s what I remember the most when I got into pinball as a kid and as they progressed into the solid state era I still enjoyed them, However my interest started to wane off in the 80s and 90s DMD era they just weren’t the same progress isn’t always better.

The old saying they don’t build them like they used to is just so true when it comes to pinball and don’t get me started on some of the crap that is getting pumped out at the moment.

Bring back EMs I say,!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nothing you can’t handle Tony 👌

I may have a lock bar that’s had the metal treatment you could use for the mechanism and I can trace mine so you can make one if it’s the same style as my Marathon

• Like 1

I can’t race you my legs aswell I remember my legs and lock bar cost me more than my whole machine plus resto costs 😂😂. A guy in Texas had them

• Like 1