Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is in ok condition i cant take pics as it is in marks factory heres the ebay link of it http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380066452665

Congrats on the purchase :)

Just curious tho. Why you'd choose an oddball one like that over one of the Gottliebs he had?.

Playfield layout looks a little like Williams Aztec.

Good luck with it :)

Congrats on the purchase :)

Just curious tho. Why you'd choose an oddball one like that over one of the Gottliebs he had?.

Playfield layout looks a little like Williams Aztec.

Good luck with it :)

there was another one or two this one had complete playfield and i like the look of cannes i have seen one before at marks

Good luck with the new pin, will it take much to get it going, anything missing :unsure

cheers Ian

didnt have a look under the playfield all the backbox is complete no stray wiring nice and neat playfield could do with a quick clean new buttons maybe oil up the plunger a bit put a new coin door on it new rubbers new balls not sure what else

If its the same one at Marks I looked at, it was very clean and looked good for its age. The playfield looked exceptionally clean too.

I noticed that the backbox was chipboard. Is the cab the same or is it ply?

Good buy though, should be some fun getting her to fire up!....

If its the same one at Marks I looked at, it was very clean and looked good for its age. The playfield looked exceptionally clean too.

I noticed that the backbox was chipboard. Is the cab the same or is it ply?

Good buy though, should be some fun getting her to fire up!....

mark has had 3 of them mine is the one with 2 bits of flaking on the green bit of the back glass heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380066452665

mmm, manual will probably be in spanish ! i have brought a couple of EMs back to life, the manual is nice but not entirely necessary. first thing i would do is Check the cabinet for any loose bits and put them in a container, you may find out where that spring comes from in 2 weeks !!!

thoroughly check that every wire is connected and the gaps on the relays all look good, the relays usually have a tab that allows you to monitor this (power off only tests) push the tabs and see good make and break action, do not confuse No/Nc

check that wipers on boards are clean and bits not obviously missing, look at springs,

next i would be trying to see where the back box looms want to lay and then if theres some marks or obvious signs as to which options was selected.

the big clues are when it starts up as to whats wrong and being based on old williams then pretty much any similar year 4 player williams will be very similar in the reset cycle (which is startup) games flyer indicates ever lasting finish, some kind of 70's diamond cote !!!

the clues are to watch things carefully (almost with a multiball like gaze!!!) and get a couple of abrasive like business cards and make yourself a gap adjuster.

this is a must for any pinball owner.

i make my own out of 3mm steel rod, bent into L shape and then with mini hacksaw just cut a slot about 5MM deep (do both ends of L)

never use gapper when power is on, never be tempted to opwerate relays willy nilly, can cause damage to coils (relay too)

A baptism of fire for sure my friend, good luck

PM me if you want to chat

:D

You would be far better tracking down a schematic for it rather than the game manual.

As Dan pointed out check Jeff Wagner - and guess what:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cannes-Segasa-Pinball-Manual-Schematic_W0QQitemZ220130289273QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

You get both for the price of one :)

ballypinball said he may have one

• 2 weeks later...