Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bally Hi Lo Ace

I picked up a Bally Hi Lo Ace a fortnight ago.

Thanks again to Tony for posting the details here on the forum.

The machine wasn't working & was in need of a clean.

I got it home & started to strip the playfield & have a go at removing the mylar.

I used the hairdryer & shellite trick & it came off ok. The shooter lane was covered in dark brown woodgrain contact so it had to come off as well.

In the meantime I ordered rubbers, globes, new popbumper bodies, novus etc off Greg & it arrived today (Thanks mate).

So I just spent the night in the shed cleaning the playfield & having a few beers.

I got some new bumper bodies & bumper skirts off Greg.

I've only fitted 1 but they look alot better.( see pic below with only 1 bumper replaced) cheap at $2.50 for the body & $2.10 for the skirt.

a cheap way to improve the looks of your pin.

Just took some more pics.[ATTACH]7952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7953[/ATTACH]

Installed the new pop bumpers & had a few games.

Very happy with the way it's.

The playfield came up alot better than I expected. The only bad part is a groove that has worn where an "operator" has trimmed the mylar with a stanley knife:unsure see pic. I might be able to match the paint & touch it up.

Looks great, and nice color in that PF. Notice it was a Newcastle operated machine.

:)

Yeah Greg, It must of been a Newcastle Machine originally. I picked it up from Sydney where the previous owner had owned it since the 80's.

It's funny how they had the woodgrained contact on the shooter lane & arch, as my pool table was originally from that some "op" & its had the woodgrained contact treatment as well:lol