Total Playfield restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Playfield restoration

This has already been posted on another forum in great detail, so i wont elaborate too much.
    Here are some before and after pics of a disaster of a Stern Wild Fyre playfield. The paint was just falling off and to save it, large blocks of colour needed to be redone. The while process will be on my website flipperescue.com.
    But here is the apron before;

and after;

Playfield was a mess as you can see

It gets totally rubbed back

Blocks of colour then replaced

Same with this area - done in stages of each colour, Ive already stuck down the laminations and primed

These bits are tricky - i try to avoid having to replace wording but sometimes you have no choice

Here are both areas after restore

Process is done right round the whole playfield and then its finally clear coated. The large section at the lower pf has been replaced as has the blue - most detail has been reworked and wording has been replaced - much by hand.

Heres the final product. 4 coats clear coat and then a sand back, then clear coat again give a mirror like finish. What was a write off is almost factory new again

Few more pics here with furniture and without

This once looked like this!

Supplier of licensed Gottlieb restoration tools.

Fricken awesome!

Comment

amazing stuff, thanks for sharing

Comment

UN-real. Your colour matching is bang on. That's fantastic work. What brand/type of paints do you use?

Comment

Very nice!

What do you to mask the areas not being painted and for stencils?
          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

paints

All done with Pantone soft enamels and airbrush - colour matching with Pantone colour chart - gives a good indication of the colour but may not be exact.

Clear coat is specifically designed to be compatible with these inks - yes ive seen it all turn to melted cheese before!

Masking is done with low tac vinyl. I cut by hand and make templates on the computer - these are then computer cut - this is how the apron is done etc,

see here..

Last edited by retropin; 24th June 2008, 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Supplier of licensed Gottlieb restoration tools.

Comment

great work! just remember to update your profile with your location
              In My "arcade":

-Gottlieb Stargate Pinball Machine 1995 () ()
              -U-turn candy dispensing machine ()

More to come!

Comment

Great stuff, Gavin. I see you have made yourself "at home" already.. Can't wait to see the cabinet repaint !!
                We are the largest supplier of Pinball Ramps in Australia.
                Distributors for CPR, Pinball Inc, Planetary Pinball, Starship-Fantasy, Ball Baron, Pincore, Cliffy Protectors, Superbands
                http://http://www.rtbb.com.au/
                http://https://www.facebook.com/RideTheBoneyBeast

Comment

Wow..! I can only dream of such skill.

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

WOW!

you are an artist!....

great work!

will be keen to watch & learn!

Comment

Nice work!
                        BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X