No announcement yet.

Gottlieb Play Pool - 1972 Italian AAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Galaxy's camera has been outstanding for many revisions now. I've taken a LOT of really nice images with mine over the years. All of my resto images I take on my phone too as its easier.

It's been too long since a top notch Illawarra Steelers resto thread. This ones another beauty!

Brad
    My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

keep looking at the apron with the original operator's sticker on it. in 2 minds about applying a new decal or keeping.

the rest of the apron is dirty but in good condition.

also the italian export gottlieb pins had 'buttons' rather than 'flipper buttons' along the centre. pinball rescue have done one of the decals for the italian export games but not this type.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200114_135612.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	2103202
      looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

With all the hard work that you have done Id put a new decal on to finish the look off.
        Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

Keep the original but get a spare apron and redo that one?

Comment

I'd scan it, restore the apron to original and have the Operator printed out as a card that you can insert instead.

Brad
            My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Name:	image_146012.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	2104381 what a mess, going through switch at a time. found so many misaligned contacts and broken solder joints.

hoping if I get the time tomorrow to pull the motor apart, clean and rebuild.

a few weeks ago when the weather was really hot took this board out and gave it a high pressure wash as it was just covered in dirt etc.

Comment

Enjoying every post mate.

Comment

also doing smaller work on the side, as everything will be replaced with new on the game also the links and plungers will be replaced. always a challenge getting the roll pins in and out.

Name:	20200118_203753.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	2104398 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200118_203801.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	2104399

Comment

Have you come across a slow scoremotor in your time Tony? Have you ever pulled the gearbox off the motor and rebuilt it? Interested to know more about these and what is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by illawarra_steelers View Post

Name:	image_146012.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	2104381 what a mess, going through switch at a time. found so many misaligned contacts and broken solder joints.

hoping if I get the time tomorrow to pull the motor apart, clean and rebuild.

a few weeks ago when the weather was really hot took this board out and gave it a high pressure wash as it was just covered in dirt etc.
                      Interested in learning a bit more about em repair as I have a couple of non working ones here. Is your typical approach to go through and check every switch and connection visually, or do you fire it up and try and troubleshoot from problems seen and the schematic? Also, if it's going through each switch visually checking, do you clean each one as you go?

Comment

Originally posted by kimbleseven View Post
                        Have you come across a slow scoremotor in your time Tony? Have you ever pulled the gearbox off the motor and rebuilt it? Interested to know more about these and what is involved.
                        that is something that has never bothered me, just love to listen to them clunking away. have never pulled apart the gearbox though have rebuilt the motor, won't get time today - will do next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by robm View Post

Interested in learning a bit more about em repair as I have a couple of non working ones here. Is your typical approach to go through and check every switch and connection visually, or do you fire it up and try and troubleshoot from problems seen and the schematic? Also, if it's going through each switch visually checking, do you clean each one as you go?
                          yep, so on that bottom relay board in the photo start left to right taking each stack out. using a good light (use a led ryobi you can see on top of the photo) and inspect and clean each contact. actually have a yank on each wire to make sure it's still got a solid connection. tighten each switch stack then inspect the open and closing of each point. another thing is to make sure that each blade is in the right slot on the plastic armature (you would be surprised how many times this is wrong).

didn't put power into this when it first arrived and won't until i finish this lower board. always fun to see what happens/doesn't happen.

Comment

When a EM falls my way I remove the lower relay board, clean the dirt away then inspect & clean every contact for correct action. If a switch is not connecting I adjust it with a Leaf switch adjusting tool. I find this method better than shotgunning your way though the machine willy-nilly doing unnoticed damage to switches & relays.
                            Gemini2544's 4th Pinball meet Saturday 21/03/2020

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
                              When a EM falls my way I remove the lower relay board, clean the dirt away then inspect & clean every contact for correct action. If a switch is not connecting I adjust it with a Leaf switch adjusting tool. I find this method better than shotgunning your way though the machine willy-nilly doing unnoticed damage to switches & relays.
                              I find the easiest way is first simply active each relay multiple times with your finger with the machine switched off. The contacts are designed and set originally to be self cleaning with there own wipeing action and logic dictates that method will work again and if you think about it, the most logical reason the contact is not working correctly is just a stray piece of dust that has landed on it rather than someone previously putting it out of adjustment.
                              There are some exceptions like score reel contacts that can and do go out of adjustment without man's intervention but most of the relays are designed to NEVER require adjustment.

Comment

still alive, have other priorities right now. my daughter is heavily pregnant with her 2nd child.

have been doing small things. put in new leg bolt things using 8g x 25mm screws all round.

yep sanded back top arch and lower card tray. was the 2nd time. had done it a week ago but was too humid and the paint didn't set right. so started again.

will order a new decal in the next few weeks from lee at pinball rescue.

saved the top hardware and cleaned up well. never have been 100% happy with these repro parts and the original small nuts and bolts aren't available any longer.

waiting for my last pbr order that was sent off 4 weeks ago. should be here soon. have a new order ready to go including a new front door and 3x playfield rubber sets I owe chris Crafty (order goes as soon as last order arrives).

all inner door parts cleaned, special focus on the male jones plugs from the door loom.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200201_234924.jpg Views:	0 Size:	345.2 KB ID:	2108214 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200201_234936.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.9 KB ID:	2108215 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200202_000614.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.7 KB ID:	2108216 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200202_001311.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.7 KB ID:	2108217
                                Last edited by illawarra_steelers; 2nd February 2020, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X