Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gottlieb Play Pool - 1972 Italian AAB

Collapse

Post your EM Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gottlieb Play Pool - 1972 Italian AAB

been a long time since finding the right game to do a full ground up resto on. the search is over and will arrive tomorrow via bill.

this the single player gottlieb pin that was made just for italy august 1972.

most people know the 2 player big shot and the 4 player version of hot shot. there was also an aab pin (pro pool) made for new york and wisconsin only as those 2 american states outlawed games that awarded replays.

this game will need a ground up resto, also everything on the top of the playfield is missing.

very fortunate securing the last set of repro plastics off lee at pinball rescue.

hoping this will inspire others to document their restores, being either em, ss or dmd.

have just attached just one photo until tomorrow - an original nos schematic for the game.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20191109_191002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	1914981
    looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Is this the game?..If it is or very similar, I love those rules.

Comment

kinda. same layout on the playfield but totally different add a ball rules.

this is why I really wanted it to bring it back to life.

the single player play pool made for the aab market added the balls on the backglass. so there was a light behind the 'balls to play' from 10 to 1.

the italian version doesn't work like that. it still has the balls to play but when you win a free ball (remember you can't win a free game/credit). it adds the free ball to that ball in play.

also there are no bonus system on this game. so the pool ball lights just are there for sequence. just like in the real game.

so..if you are on the 3rd ball and you win an extra ball you are still on 3rd ball with one in the bank. if you win more for that very ball then more are added.

they play so differently.

Comment

lots of repro parts ready, much more to come.

Name:	20191109_224822.jpg
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	1855827

Comment

Originally posted by illawarra_steelers View Post
          kinda. same layout on the playfield but totally different add a ball rules.

this is why I really wanted it to bring it back to life.

the single player play pool made for the aab market added the balls on the backglass. so there was a light behind the 'balls to play' from 10 to 1.

the italian version doesn't work like that. it still has the balls to play but when you win a free ball (remember you can't win a free game/credit). it adds the free ball to that ball in play.

also there are no bonus system on this game. so the pool ball lights just are there for sequence. just like in the real game.

so..if you are on the 3rd ball and you win an extra ball you are still on 3rd ball with one in the bank. if you win more for that very ball then more are added.

they play so differently.
          An awesome game to restore - one of my fav layouts. I love add a balls but I dont like the numbers 1-10 on the backglass. Ship ahoy and bank shot are the same as this where if you get an extra ball you get (up to 5) flags on the backglass.
          Looking forward to seeing this game come back to life!

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

Comment

okay game in the steelers shed. just went over it and will be an awesome project.

came with a spare playfield as the one in the game has seen better days.

just bought some beers so time to tear it down tonight and have tomorrow off work

Name:	20191110_181312.jpg
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	1855850

Name:	20191110_181329.jpg
Size:	394.3 KB
ID:	1855851

Comment

so this is the better playfield. will touchup under the eject hole in the green but that is all.

basically my blank canvas to rebuild top and bottom

Name:	20191110_192430.jpg
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	1855854

Comment

Great to see you are saving another great game, following your restore keep the updates coming.

Comment

so stripped the blank playfield and still saved this.

also every screw. they don't make this stuff anymore.

Name:	20191110_232552.jpg
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	1855860
                  Last edited by illawarra_steelers; 11 November 2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

have today off work and might do tomorrow. have forgotten how much I love doing this.

good playfield cleaned. have some cupping on all the solids and stripe balls.

now starting to swap the lower playfield over.

Name:	20191111_131735.jpg
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	1855864

Name:	20191111_132507.jpg
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	1855865

Comment

Thanks for sharing Tony. Bumped your attachment space up.

Comment

Sweet, another Tony resto thread!

Love all those drop targets

Brad
                        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Coming along nicely. What did you use to clean the playfield?

Comment

Originally posted by kimbleseven View Post
                            Coming along nicely. What did you use to clean the playfield?

seriously, just spray and wipe. my days of novus and wax are gone. brings up those old em playfields.

if anybody has ever wondered if they could do a playfield swap. this shows how easy it is. can't be done in a day and rebuilding and cleaning everything as i go.

will be rebuilding the drop target banks next.

coil stops, yeah think these ones have earned their keep. new vs old.

Name:	20191111_205009.jpg
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	1855867

Name:	20191111_191858.jpg
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1855868
                            Last edited by illawarra_steelers; 11 November 2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Good to follow this resto Tony. Congratulations on keeping these EM's alive. !!!!!
                              http://www.oldpinballs.com/

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X