Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gottlieb El Dorado

Collapse

Post your EM Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be a great 3d printed item

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Be very careful if you clean the reels. Whatever ink Gottlieb used is not very resistant to liquids.

I've heard a piece of white bread works well to clean them, but I've never tried it.
      Live on Twitch, when I can at random times | | You can vote for what machine I play, , follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember:

Comment

Gottlieb El Dorado

You could for a last resort print some up on gloss decal paper the link below has a file download for the Gottlieb score reel decals.
        http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Gottlieb.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

Originally posted by ajfclark View Post
          Be very careful if you clean the reels. Whatever ink Gottlieb used is not very resistant to liquids.

I've heard a piece of white bread works well to clean them, but I've never tried it.
          Plus you have a snack afterwards
          live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

so seeing the pic with all the cam switches removed and the cam wheel still in place.......is that's why the switches are are all off because you decided to leave it in place?
            hope you took plenty of pics.

if you decide to keep the score reels, using a bit of spit/saliva on the end of cotton buds has worked for me.
            i have found the latter of Gottlieb ink on the reels is different than earlier ones, meaning you can clean lightly, ever so lightly with say a glass cleaner.
            you might try the least used number, say a nine on the 10 thousands reel to test, again with care.

Comment

Originally posted by ajfclark View Post

must try that next time.. I have lost ink before but just touched up with a black sharpie

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                so seeing the pic with all the cam switches removed and the cam wheel still in place.......is that's why the switches are are all off because you decided to leave it in place?
                hope you took plenty of pics.

if you decide to keep the score reels, using a bit of spit/saliva on the end of cotton buds has worked for me.
                i have found the latter of Gottlieb ink on the reels is different than earlier ones, meaning you can clean lightly, ever so lightly with say a glass cleaner.
                you might try the least used number, say a nine on the 10 thousands reel to test, again with care.
                Couldn't get the cam wheel off the shaft.

Comment

I have put everything back together. Before I pull the game to bits and repaint the cab I want to get it working at least to start a game.
                  Ok. I have adjusted and cleaned things and now the game will go thru the reset sequence. The hold relay is bypassed at the moment. The NO contacts are soldered together. I put a coin in and the s relay does its thing. The scorereels reset. Ball count now goes back to zero. Targets reset. A relay does its thing as it is meant to but when the ball is placed in the outsole nothing happens.
                  Any suggestions?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190921_150224.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1852800

Comment

This is clearerClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190921_150535.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1852801

Comment

When you say out hole do you mean manually placing the ball in the shooter lane ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry I meant when the ball goes in the between flippers it isn't pushing it over to the shooter lane. I cant manually advance the ball count unit. No flippers or anything on the playfield works except lights.

Comment

So step 5 in the pic isn't working.

Comment

Comment

I will try that and also I will study the wiring diagram to see if I can nut it out

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X