Snow Queen to Stranger Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Queen to Stranger Thing

My 15 year old daughter had a school project to create something, so she did this!

Picked up the Snow Queen in non-working condition with a sad cabinet, and got her to do all the hard work. She did all the art work (borrowed from parts of the internet) and had invaluable assistance from Matt H to vectorise and print the the stencils and art work. Thanks also to Dave and Vito and Kim for helping us get it running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredibly cool kid mate. Top project and should get a great result.

She gets to keep it too, right?
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Comment

Wow. That is awesome. More details on the process would be great.

Congrats to Emily

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow ! Fantastic

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

ive been after a better snow queen playfield for 3 years to replace my shot to crap one and you just killed a beautiful one for a school project. sorry but i have to put a hit out on you. ( later, when i stop crying )

Comment

Ha no worries [MENTION=12190]wiredoug[/MENTION]. We had a large vinyl overlay made by Matt H so when she's sick of it, you can just peel it off and its Snow Queen all over again! We'll be keeping his for quite a while though, fun game. I'll post more process info for you [MENTION=4040]robm[/MENTION].

Comment

still crying anyway .. but good work not sanding it.

Comment

So for those interested, did a complete cab sand down (with lead-protection measures due to old lead based paint).

Wood filler for scratches and tons of sanding to get it smooth as we could.

Primer coat then a few layers of mat black acrylic via a spray gun

Then Emily jumped into Adobe and grabbed some pics off the internet to put together as a back glass and on the plastics. Matt H reverse printed these on adhesive vinyl and had a local CNC to plastics after scanning them. Emily designed the playfield overlay after Matt gave her a template to put on the things she wanted.

Cabinet stencils were made by Matt and stuck in. Spraying is tricky of course when you have multiple colours. Did one side in separate color sprays, got better and did the whole side in one go.

Comment

Stuck the playfield stencil on and chromed the door, coin acceptor and lock down bar and boom! Nice new modern em!

Still going to give it a clear varnish coat to protect the paint job prior to it going out in public. It might just make an appearance at the Brisbane Masters (still have to tweek the score reel switches to get it perfect).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wiredoug View Post
                      ive been after a better snow queen playfield for 3 years to replace my shot to crap one and you just killed a beautiful one for a school project. sorry but i have to put a hit out on you. ( later, when i stop crying )

Comment

Originally posted by chopchop View Post
                        There is a chance Matt May be able to print you an overlay...
                        thanks but overlays arent for me. ( they're a love/hate thing for most people)
                        The game is one of the original samples that went to germany so i want to keep it original even if that means bare wood for now. ill find one in time.

Comment

Very Impressive.
                          Well done, what a great project.
                          Would be great to see at Brissie Masters.

Comment

Originally posted by wiredoug View Post
                            thanks but overlays arent for me. ( they're a love/hate thing for most people)
                            The game is one of the original samples that went to germany so i want to keep it original even if that means bare wood for now. ill find one in time.
                            Ship of Theseus - although I understand the desire for originality.
                            The Barn - 2020 - 7th and 8th of August
                            SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

Comment

This is so good

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X